Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 1.1.5a Released

1235»

Comments

• oops, I didn't through to that when I tagged it.

ps: we won't release alpha or beta version for minor revision (any 1.1.x); we will probably for 1.2.
  • I'm a developer myself, that's why I instantly assumed it was an alpha release. Everyone is releasing alphas and betas today, they're to blame probably. I know that being a minor fix, maybe it didn't deserve a 1.1.6, but just to let you know that it may confuse some people. I think you should clarify a bit more. Maybe some words like "stable". Like, "Latest _stable_ release" or something. Anyways, I'm looking forward to upgrade. Thanks
  • I cant get this installed. Get an error of Access denied for user <my user>@'breaklimitgames.com' . No idea where this breaklimitgames is coming from. Definitely not my domain. Any ideas?
  • edited November 2008
    breaklimitgames.com is the domain name of your server and your MySql server doesn't allow to connect from breaklimitgames.com.

When filing the database form settings, for the database field, did you try "localhost"?
  • I upgraded today from version 1.1.4 to 1.1.5a by following the instructions at - http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:upgrading After dowloading version 1.1.5a, I first replaced the files listed in upgrading from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 and then I replaced the files listed in upgrading from 1.1.5 to 1.1.5a Everything appears to have gone smoothly. However, in the upgrade from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5, the file appg/md5.csv is listed. This file doesn't appear in the 1.1.5a installation, nor did it appear in the original 1.1.4 installation. Do I need this file, and if so, where can I obtain it?
  • you don't need it.
  • Hi,

I am trying to do a fresh install and get these fatal errors:

PHP Fatal error: Class 'MessageCollector' not found in /forum/setup/installer.php on line 77

PHP Fatal error: Class 'Context' not found in /forum/appg/settings.php on line 258

Any thoughts please?

ty
  • You should download vanilla again and reinstall it. If you are transferring the files with ftp to your server, make sure it doesn't miss any file and doesn't corrupt any of them.
  • I'm confused. I had 1.1.4 installed. I downloaded 1.1.5a and unzipped the file. I next looked at the list of all the 1.1.5 files you're supposed to change. So, I went through my current 1.1.4 file list and wrote over all the files in that version using the upgraded files from 1.1.5a The forum is working, but it is really slow and my header image isn't right (it's text now instead of an image). Was I supposed to transfer files from my current 1.1.4 installation to the 1.1.5a or visa versa? It might be nice to have some automatic upgrading script or something. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this stuff. Fortunately, I backed up most of my 1.1.4 installation prior to trying this upgrade. (I made it through about half the files before I started getting worried that I was doing it wrong.) So, if I have screwed it all up, what would you suggest is the best way for me to fix it? thanks
  • edited December 2008
    You can just install the all the 1.1.5 files over your old installation. You have to check that will merge old folders with the new ones and not overwrite it. And if you use ftp to transfer the file on your server, you are better to just transfer the files that has changes (ftp can corrupt your files or fail to transfer them). You should first update to 1.1.5 and then 1.1.5a. You can use these packages: http://vanilla-friends.googlecode.com/files/vanilla-upgrade-1.1.4-to-1.1.5.zip http://vanilla-friends.googlecode.com/files/vanilla-upgrade-1.1.5-to-1.1.5a.zip
  • Curious, where does Vanilla store things like Comments, user names, passwords, etc.? Also, what file do I change if I wanted to make modifications to my header?
  • Comments and stuff are in the database. For the header modification look at theme and style: http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:themes http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:styles
  • Congrats on the release, but many of my addons have had compatability issues with this release, so i had to downgrade to 1.1.4
  • which ones?
  • Account Pictures, JQMedia, JQuery, and a few others I forgot
  • Hi it seems my Hidden Text extension is not working with 1.1.5a. I checked the extension Discussion but I haven't seen any suggestions on how to troubleshoot it. The behavior is the action of clicking on the hidden text tab causes the browser to jump up to the top of the page. HiddenText-2.1-2008-03-02.zip Thank you!
  • edited January 2009
    I could not make it work in 1.1.4 either. After giving me the permission to show/hide hidden text it seems to work (when a hidden text is shows the link to shows hidden text doesn't disappear but looking at the source it shouldn't anyway).
  • I was unable to find the bugtracker, but the "extensions" folder was missing in this version and vanilla wanted one created with the proper perms before continuing the installation.
  • I had downloaded the vanilla-1.1.5a fron getvanilla tab and tried to install.After the successful installation ,it is showing the following error..Please let me know the solution for this problem if anybdy knows. Notice: Undefined variable: php_errormsg in C:\wamp\www\vanilla\library\Framework\Framework.Class.MySQL.php on line 71 A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message The connection to the database failed: Affected Elements MySQL.OpenConnection();