Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Extensions not added to Administrator Account

edited December 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi,

I've run into an issue adding extensions to my newly installed forum. I added a number of extensions that need to be set in the Roles & Permissions page, such as the Add Member extension, Remove comments/discussions and the Wall extension. After uploading these to the server, I can turn them on in the Extensions page, and I suppose this will normally add a few lines to the permissions list in the database for Member and Administrator.

I can then easily set the permissions for Members in the Roles & Permissions page and they work just fine. However, whenever I try to set the permissions for the Administrator, I get a "Forbidden
You don't have permission to access to this document on this server." page. After looking through the permission list in the Database, I found that there are some options missing in the admin Role.

Firstly, here are the options I cannot alter:
Can create a new member
Can remove any comment and discussion
Can remove their own comments and discussions (with no replies)
Wall: Can write on public wall
Wall: All private messages visible
Wall: Ability to moderate VISIBLE messages on all walls

In the database, in table LUM_Role, these options are added to the Member Role in the permissions field (but they are missing in the Administrator Role):
s:24:"PERMISSION_CREATE_MEMBER";i:0;s:26:"PERMISSION_REMOVE_COMMENTS";i:0;s:30:"PERMISSION_REMOVE_OWN_COMMENTS";i:1;s:28:"PERMISSION_USER_WALL_COMMENT";i:1;s:29:"PERMISSION_USER_WALL_VIEW_ALL";i:0;s:27:"PERMISSION_USER_WALL_MASTER";i:0;

Now my guess is that these permissions should somehow be added to the Admin as well, but then with i:1 instead of i:0. The fact that they are missing in the Admin permissions field could be the explanation for why I'm getting the Forbidden error.

I have tried to add the options to the Administrator account manually as well (in de database), but when I do that, I can't even see the Settings tab anymore as Admin! So that doesn't do the trick (but possibly I'm doing something wrong) I don't know how that happens, but apparently it's not possible to add these options in the way I try it.

Any suggestions? I'm in the dark as to what is going on and help would be much appreciated...

Comments

This discussion has been closed.