Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

phpbb3 > vanilla

Hi
I would like to move my forum to Vanilla from phpbb3.02.
To do this I need to use v0.9.2.x, then upgrade to 1.1.5, right?

Where do I get 0.9.2.x?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Has anyone attempted migrating phpbb3 to Vanilla?

The migration utility available here is for phpbb2
  • Options
    Why don't you convert the phpbb3 DB to phpbb2, then Vanilla? =P
  • Options
    There is no downgrade converter for that.
  • Options
    hmm... I'm thinking about convert from phpBB3 to Vanilla too...
  • Options
    i am very interested in converting from phpbb3 to vanilla as well, my knowledge is pretty limited on things, but i'd be more then happy to help out if i can. the same goes for moving from zetaboards to vanilla too. @stash the link you're dropping vomits a 403 error. i messed around with a backed up database i had of my phpbb3 and chaos ensued and i might of peed a little in fear. i figured, why not? i'm clever... change a name here double-check to see if certain things existed in the db... figured magic would happen. magic did not happen. the light from "clever" will take close to eight years to reach me. long story short: still on phpbb3.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    @sleepnevercomes - sorry about stash's broken link. That was my bad (moved servers recently). It's fixed now.
  • Options
    @mark thanks a lot, i appreciate it. now i will get back to being clever all over again. by clever i mean making lots of backups and prayers for rain. now if only there was a freaking roll-back for phpbb3 to 2, then at least i'd feel like i got dinner first before things got sinister.
  • Options
    has anyone successfully converted from phpbb3 to vanilla?