Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Websites built using Garden Framework

edited August 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I've seen most of the discussions on Vanilla forum.

But I would like to know the websites that are built using Garden Framework.

Thanks.

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Garden & Vanilla 2 are still in beta; I highly doubt you'll find any production websites based on them yet as we're all just starting to get our bearings and explore it.
  • The addons site is just about it for now.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Actually, this entire VanillaForums.org site is built on it :)
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    any [other] production websites :p
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    There may be - I know that some community developers have been working on some things - nothing official that's been announced to me yet.

As far as our stuff goes - everything we do is built on Garden now. We can kick out a brand new app (with minimal features) in a day or two.
  • Thanks. We are also planning on building our applications on Garden. More info to come soon.

One thing I noticed in the database is that there are columns related to Vanilla forums. Are you planning on removing this in the future. We are planning on building 2 to 3 apps on this framework which is not going to use the Vanilla forums.

Also, the permission table seems to columns for Vanilla. Does this mean that for each application there will be new columns to the table? This is a bit confusing for me. Can you please shed some light on this

Thanks a lot,
    Mayank
  • edited September 2009
    Hey I got the solution, I made the vanilla disable by default.
  • We are developing a student community website for our school, and we plan to release it as open-source.