Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Creating Database

edited December 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I forget how to create a database for stuff, I have apache and mysql, can someone help me?
In other words I can't install vanilla, I don't know how to create a database for garden or vanilla.

Comments

• yours might be a bit different because of hosts, but you should have something similar to this:
    http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/php-mysql/mysql_database_user.htm
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Do you have phpmyadmin? That makes stuff a lot easier; some hosts provide it with hosting.
  • No I am using apache on my own computer and running it as a server
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Do you need directions from a shell prompt, or do you need help getting phpmyadmin?

It's very odd to me that you could set up Apache, MySQL, and PHP but can't create a database or download phpmyadmin and drop it into a web folder. It's like saying "I built a house but can't figure out how to hang the curtains." ;) What part are you getting stuck at? Did you follow a guide to set up the server or use something pre-configured like XAMPP?
  • I need help getting phpmyadmid or directions of some kind. When I view my webpage it just comes up as a list that says

Index of /
    * account.php
    * ajax/
    * appg/
    * categories.php
    * comments.php
    * conf/
    * extension.php
    * extensions/
    * gpl.txt
    * index.php
    * js/
    * languages/
    * library/
    * people.php
    * post.php
    * readme.html
    * search.php
    * settings.php
    * setup/
    * termsofservice.php
    * themes/
    * vanilla-1.1.10/

and I don't know what to do
  • You're using vanilla1, and post here in the vanilla2 category. You're sure gonna confuse people!

If you click on a php file, doesn't it show the code or execute it?
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Switched to Vanilla 1 category.
  • yea exactly, I managed to make it work now but whenever I enter all the server info it takes forever to load and then it just loads a blank page with nothing on it.
  • Are you trying to install it on desktop? Are you on windows, osx or linux?