Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Garden Future

edited December 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Are there any plans to make garden more of a framework. Okay maybe that doesn't make sense. I mean like garden at the moment is very much tied to vanilla in the way people will use it. I was wondering if there were plans to make it more like a standalone framework such as cakephp or codeigniter. If there arn't i may learn to use it more and start a resource site.

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited December 2009
    I'm pretty sure Garden is already built to function on its own, it's just that Vanilla 2 is the premier use of it and it gets packaged with it. If you deleted the "conversations" and "vanilla" folders under /applications, I think what you'd be left with is the "pure" Garden platform.
  • Options
    Oh sorry, i understand that garden functions on its own. I just mean having garden as a standalone project, like codeigniter. For example the new expression engine runs on codeigniter, but codeigniter itself is also run as a separate thing. Fully documented and community of its own, wiki resources etc.