HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

New notifications indicator

edited January 2010 in Feedback
Hey, just wondering if it's possible to make those notifications disappear after the topics have been read. Currently I have to click on my profile link(with the number of notifications next to it), then select the notifications tab to make them go away. What I think would be ideal is if after you have visited the topics they would just go away without having to go to the notifications tab. Just my opinion and I don't know if this would be too difficult to implement, just throwing it out there.

Thanks for your time.
Tagged:

Comments

• I second this suggestion. In fact, until I read this post I couldn't even *find* a way to get rid of the 'new message' mini-numbers, and it's been driving me nuts.
  • I'd also like to see this.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited January 2010
    Last I heard this wasn't readily doable presently because notifications are "dumb" - they aren't related to the Discussions in the database so you can't tell when the thing related to a notification has been looked at.

That said, I've echoed similar sentiments. Clearing them is annoying.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    I've just tought of something, maybe the number next to the user name (related to the notifications received) can be rendered clickable, and once clicked, it will clear it right away (instead of having to go into your account, and then the activity tab).
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I filed an issue ticket suggesting precisely that :)http://github.com/lussumo/Garden/issues#issue/223
  • lucluc ✭✭
    Well, I was thinking of something a little bit different, as I thought that I would know what the activity is about as I received an email for it. But, that might not be the case, so a direct link to the activity tab might be better, as you suggested.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Should be Ok now, with http://github.com/lussumo/Garden/commit/85948fcf4aec17e3c89dd0cf96b930663e87f176

My attempt was rejected, but it is now OK, which is what people want :).
    Thanks @Mark.