Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

ModTools

Comments

• Options
    not sure, i will ask my host
  • Options
    ok, i changed to 5.2.2 and now i cannot turn on/off any extensions. i tried to CHMOD the extensions.php file to make it writeable but the changes aren't sticking.
  • Options
    Have you recently upgraded to vanilla 1.1.2? Do you get any JS/Ajax errors anywhere that you're aware of?
  • Options
    i had to go back to php 4.4.4. the 5.2.2 install on my host (hostgator) is very odd, nothing was working correctly.
    i haven't upgraded vanilla for a long time, as it caused some problems with wordpress integration.
    i'm going to test vanilla on my other host (dreamhost). if it works i'll just move everything over there.
  • Options
    I use dreamhost and I've everything working there with vanilla.... so I guess it should work for you also....
  • Options
    it still didn't work on dreamhost until i upgraded to the latest version of vanilla... so there was either a bug in the old version of vanilla, or a corrupted file on my install.
  • Options
    This extension works for me, but it has a terrible interface. It is far too difficult to merge and split discussions. There needs to be a separate more efficient interface besides a checkbox on every post. I'll see if I can come up with something.
  • Options
    @circuit
    what version you had before of vanilla?

@Apreche
    if you can improve the UI that will be great!
    I did not really focus on the interface too much
    as my efforts were more focused on make the thing
    working and compatible with major extensions....

@blizeH
    any news?
  • Options
    previously i had 1.0.3
  • Options
    Uploaded version 0.06b of ModTools.
  • Options
    -fixed different issues with friendly urls
  • Options
    Could anyone please help me integrate it with the Tabled theme?
  • Options
    lipa, I've updated modtools, now it integrates with Tabled theme,
    however you need to tweak two files in the tabled theme.... to get it nicely...
    maybe you could suggest this in the Tabled theme thread...

so here it goes the modification:

search for this in the file discussions.php

if ($this->Context->Configuration['USE_CATEGORIES']) { echo ' <th class="DiscussionCategory">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('Category').'</th>'; } echo ' <th class="DiscussionStarted">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('StartedBy').'</th> <th class="DiscussionComments">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('Comments').'</th> <th class="DiscussionLastComment">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('LastCommentBy').'</th> <th class="DiscussionActive">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('LastActive').'</th> '; if ($this->Context->Session->UserID > 0) { echo ' <th class="DiscussionNew">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('NewCaps').'</th>'; }

and replace with this:

if ($this->Context->Configuration['USE_CATEGORIES']) { echo ' <th class="DiscussionCategory">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('Category').'</th>'; } echo ' <th class="DiscussionStarted">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('StartedBy').'</th> <th class="DiscussionComments">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('Comments').'</th> <th class="DiscussionLastComment">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('LastCommentBy').'</th> <th class="DiscussionActive">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('LastActive').'</th> '; if ($this->Context->Session->User->Permission('PERMISSION_MODERATE_COMMENTS')) { echo ' <th class="DiscussionModerate">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('Moderate').'</th>'; } if ($this->Context->Session->UserID > 0) { echo ' <th class="DiscussionNew">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('NewCaps').'</th>'; }

and then search for this in the file discussion.php

if ($this->Context->Configuration['USE_CATEGORIES']) { $DiscussionList .= ' <td class="DiscussionCategory"><a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'index.php', '', 'CategoryID', $Discussion->CategoryID).'">'.$Discussion->Category.'</a></td>'; } $DiscussionList .= ' <td class="DiscussionStarted"><a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'account.php', '', 'u', $Discussion->AuthUserID).'">'.$Discussion->AuthUsername.'</a></td> <td class="DiscussionComments">'.$Discussion->CountComments.'</td> <td class="DiscussionLastComment"><a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'account.php', '', 'u', $Discussion->LastUserID).'">'.$Discussion->LastUsername.'</a></td> <td class="DiscussionActive"><a href="'.$LastUrl.'">'.TimeDiff($this->Context, $Discussion->DateLastActive,mktime()).'</a></td>'; if ($this->Context->Session->UserID > 0) { $DiscussionList .= ' <td class="DiscussionNew"><a href="'.$NewUrl.'">'.$Discussion->NewComments.'</a></td>'; }

and replace with this

if ($this->Context->Configuration['USE_CATEGORIES']) { $DiscussionList .= ' <td class="DiscussionCategory"><a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'index.php', '', 'CategoryID', $Discussion->CategoryID).'">'.$Discussion->Category.'</a></td>'; } $DiscussionList .= ' <td class="DiscussionStarted"><a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'account.php', '', 'u', $Discussion->AuthUserID).'">'.$Discussion->AuthUsername.'</a></td> <td class="DiscussionComments">'.$Discussion->CountComments.'</td> <td class="DiscussionLastComment"><a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'account.php', '', 'u', $Discussion->LastUserID).'">'.$Discussion->LastUsername.'</a></td> <td class="DiscussionActive"><a href="'.$LastUrl.'">'.TimeDiff($this->Context, $Discussion->DateLastActive,mktime()).'</a></td>'; if ($this->Context->Session->User->Permission('PERMISSION_MODERATE_COMMENTS')) { $DiscussionList .= ' <td class="DiscussionModerate"><a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'extension.php', '', '', '', '', 'PostBackAction=ShowModTools&DiscussionID='.$Discussion->DiscussionID, '').'">this Discussion ID '.$Discussion->DiscussionID.'</a></td>'; } if ($this->Context->Session->UserID > 0) { $DiscussionList .= ' <td class="DiscussionNew"><a href="'.$NewUrl.'">'.$Discussion->NewComments.'</a></td>'; }
  • Options
    Uploaded version 0.06.10b of ModTools.
  • Options
    Had to change it anyway, because of the modifications i made to discussion.php and discussions.php some time ago. But thanks to your tips I managed to get it to work properly. Thank you! Still there are some problems:

- Selecting comments doesn't work (Firebug gives tgis error: SwitchCheckboxModTools is not defined)
    - Changing the discussion title doesn't work

I'll try to determine if it's caused by an other extension.
  • Options
    lipa what platform, browser and extensions you got?
  • Options
    Need some basic "user manual" type info for Modtools. So, I have a series of comments that are off-topic, and need to be put into their own discussion. I select "Split Mode", and I see TWO copies of the thread, one after the other. Do I delete the comments to be moved from the topmost copy, and delete the comments that "stay" from the bottom copy, and then rename the discussion title for the bottom copy? Or what? Is there even terse instructions for the use of these tools? Sorry to be so stupid, but I'd rather not mess up "live" discussions, and I'd also rather not install a whole 'nother copy of Vanilla as a testbed for experiementing.
  • Options
    Hi!

> and I see TWO copies of the thread, one after the other.

Yeah, that's strange, but same for me! I've just worked with the top copy...
  • Options
    thx jfischer and Tiggr for reporting that!

you're not stupid at all jfischer! ;)

I was not aware of that! it should be only one copy... Tiggr did you have this "copy" behaviour since the beginning?
  • Options
    I'm not shure, but I belive it's new!