Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

ModTools

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Hi to everybody.

I just had rewrite this module. I delete all duplicate functions (rename, move and other). I think, this functions already include in vanilla core code, so that is why I think it is not good idea to waste a time for it.

But split and merge mode now work perfectly (I hope):
    1. Merging and splitting now working good.
    2. This mod now works with attachment ext.
    3. mod_tools now perfectly works with DiscussionUserWhisperFrom, DiscussionUserWhisperTo and UserDiscussionWatch tables. It means, what whatever you a doing with a topic, all function of vanilla core will be work cool: ALL people (authors of whisper comments, moderators, who can view all whispers and deleted comments) well see right changes in a discussions. Small example. After splitting some discussion all of it participants and people who had seen it, for all of them mod_tools recalculate UserDiscussionWatch. This mean, for all of this people forum tracking system will works right.
    4. In all affected discussions will be new comments with notification about merging/splitting.

So. I want what somebody test my work (I'm not sure that ALL works fine) and upload it to here. How can I do this?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Yep, JS code now works in IE too.
  • Options
    When I click on "Moderate this Discussion", I tick the "SELECT" box, I then select the first category in the drop down box which in my case is "GENERAL", I then click "Move Now!" and it sends it to a category other than the one I've selected. When I select any of the other categories it functions fine, it's just with the first one on in the list. Can you point me as to where I might look to correct this? Also, When I "SELECT" only 1 comment in the discussion, all comments are moved. Is this by design? If so, Is there a way to allow it to move only the ones I choose. This extension is very valuable! As an administrator, when someone in the forum places comments into discussions or categories that are not in keeping with the subject, the administrator can move the rogue comment into the appropriate discussion or category. It would also be nice if a message was sent to the author of the comment to advise him/her that their comment was moved?
  • Options
    Loving the add-on, but since we installed it, every time we make a new post the new post flashes. Is that a coincidence caused by someone else fiddling with settings, or part of the add-on? If it's part of the add-on, how do we disable the flashing?
  • Options
    I don't know how I missed this extension before, but would just like to say a heart felt 'thankyou!' to the awesome @jawele for developing this. Have just installed and works fine. So much easier than fishing about in the MySQL.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if there are plans to build this plugin for Vanilla Forums 2? I'm really wanting the ability to split & merge discussions.
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    Should be in the next release if I understood the commits in github/unstable.