Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Feed Publisher

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Uploaded version 0.3.2 of Feed Publisher.
  • Options
    In categories_config.php, you are linking to "/search.php". This broke on my forum because my forum is at www.domain.com/forum. I remove "/" from that URL in "categories_config.php" and it's working. Just wanted to let you know
  • Options
    Thanks iamspammer, this file is meant to be customized anyway, but a-kind-of-working-out-of-the-box is nice indeed too.
  • Options
    I had the same issue; categories_config.php assumes Vanilla is installed at the root directory. The following might be a suitable change to the extension to make it subdirectory-friendly:

In FeedPublisher/categories_config.php, replace every occurrence ofhref="/search.php?with
    href="'.$Configuration['BASE_URL'].'search.php?
    Works for me!
  • Options
    I tried to follow along in the comments, and Klod was heading to what I wanted, but I am not sure he got it.. I am linking the RSS feed from your extension to a Feedburner URL. But I only want the last 10 items from the discussion to show. What do I change. Right now it lists 100 items (feedburner limit if not cut on our side). Way too much!
  • Options
    Gonna re-explain my hack about number of items, and refine it. It works for me so if someone else confirms, I'll release a new version of this extension.

Find this line and replace

while ( $DataSet = $SearchForm->Context->Database->GetRow( $SearchForm->Data ) )
    with
    while ( $DataSet = $SearchForm->Context->Database->GetRow( $SearchForm->Data ) and $Counter < 10)

Now in this one, replace

while ( $Row = $SearchForm->Context->Database->GetRow( $SearchForm->Data ) )
    with
    while ( $Row = $SearchForm->Context->Database->GetRow( $SearchForm->Data ) and $Counter < 10)

Now what I just realised today, it's that feeds of comments.php pages can be truncated too, replace this line that look like this:
    while ( $Row = $CommentGrid->Context->Database->GetRow( $CommentGrid->CommentData ) ) {
    with
    $Counter = 0; while ( $Row = $CommentGrid->Context->Database->GetRow( $CommentGrid->CommentData ) and $Counter < 10) { $Counter++;
    Those three places are respectively bound to topic search, comment search (used for category feeds too, or not, according to your categories_config.php file), and discussions.

For now, replace 10 by whatever you want, I'll create a new config item (not three new ones) later.

I guess your feedburner thing points to 'all discussions', doesn't it?
  • Options
    yes it does
  • Options
    For those that want a more automated RSS2/ATOM Feed, with full support for BlogThis, check out my Fork of this wonderful extension, FeedThis:

http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=419
This discussion has been closed.