Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

BlogThis

Comments

• oh my fault, i guess i had earlier an overdose with pop, probably thats the reason for the fuddle :D
  • Why is it in a folder called BlogThis-2008-08-04 instead of just "BlogThis". Is it supposed to cope with differing folder names? Perhaps I have something explicit in there...
  • just unzipped and uploaded as it was. but it works now, i changed it to BlogThis.
    the devil is in the details :/
  • hey spode,

is there a way or setting that members/users are only able to tag their "own" topics ? (so no comments or such only their very very own topics)

thx
  • This is something I was suggesting earlier - I'm going to add this in.
  • how to increase the character limit.when write blog i always have to separate my passages to 2 commets or more. thx
  • That's a general setting for the forum - they are for all intents and purposes, standard posts. If you check in your global settings, you'll find the character limit for posts.
  • is there away so that the blog online shows the first 300 words then says "Click here to read on"?
  • Not at the moment Simon, sorry!
  • I was thinking about that. You could add that feature

This function will not cut words up, like substr normally does
    function cutText($string, $length) { while ($string{$length} != " ") { $length--; } return substr($string, 0, $length); }

Some thing like that would work, then it can be set in a setting what length and to call it
    echo cutText($what ever the content variable is , $The length set in the admin
  • I'll see what I can do! I'm trying to launch a new site at the moment, and that's taking most of my time.
  • Ok thanks, i will have a look in your code as well when i have time
  • ok i added the function in on my site, but the problem is if the blog post is less that then minimal length it courses lots of errors
  • Is there a way to remove blogged topics from the main discussion grid so they only show up in the blog tab?
  • Version number changed from 1.08 to 1.09.
  • Uploaded version 1.09 of BlogThis.
  • Simon - I've added the "read more" facility to the latest version, plus the permissions for only blogging your own posts.

Manda - currently, no. I imagine you could modify the SQL for the discussion list to exclude any with blogged posts in, but it would require a join with the comments field, so might be a little on the taxing side.
  • urm i set it and it does not seem to cut the post up to what i set
  • 1) It cuts it up to the number of words, not characters (just making sure you're not confused).

2) Did you replace the whole folder with the new code? I know you said you modified your own.
  • i did replace the lot, my code was on my test server. I will play aground a bit more.