Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Notifi

Comments

• Options
    @subjunk (in response to @nkapoor1:
    Is the core modified at all? Because those queries are pretty standard and use the same connection as Vanilla does so I don't see what there is to throw an error about)

What do you mean by core?

I've dug around on google, responses such as the following seem to indicate that this kind of bug can also occur when there is a bug in the PHP:
    click here

We are very keen to use notifi, it will greatly increase the utility of our forum. Unfortunately right now the forum just spews out these errors.

Can you suggest a way for us to debug this?

Thanks.
  • Options
    SubJunkSubJunk ✭✭
    I mean have any of the files been edited other than the ones in the themes folder?
    Also are you using MySQL for the database? What version?
    It might be occurring because the MySQL user you are connected with doesn't have permission to create or alter tables. The code that gives you errors is just trying to install Notifi in the first place, so you could create and alter the tables manually, you can get the queries to run by opening notifi/_includes/install.php
  • Options
    @SubJunk Notifi # 241
    This is incorrect. JQuery can be made to "play nice" with other libraries, in fact, the extension is designed to work in harmony with the included prototype and scriptaculous libraries. It is possible that it is not working 100% with 1.1.8 as I have not had a chance to work on it for around a year, but it is entirely possible. I need to find a little bit of extra time to do some testing, but it *should* be possible to get JQuery and Notifi working together even though they use different JS libraries.
  • Options
    SubJunkSubJunk ✭✭
    Of course they can be modified, as all code can be ;) The fact is they don't work together right now, without being modified, because they conflict
  • Options
    I'm confused by Notifi. I switched to it so that members of my forum would always get emails if there was any activity on the forum. There's even a checkbox in the settings that says 'Force notification in all cases.' What does this mean if it clearly does not notify in all cases? Isn't that the point of this? If someone gets a notification and doesn't check it, they'll never get another notification again.
  • Options
    Hi, I installed Notifi and get the following error during logout: Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::AddList() in [....]/forum/extensions/Notifi/default.php on line 122 Has anybody else had the problem?
  • Options
    I have just installed the Vanilla Forum and installed the extension Notifi. I cannot find anywhere to check a column that says to notify of discussions. I have checked every setting button: accounts, settings, etc. Please help. I am not even a good newbie for php so talk to me like the idiot in this area I am. Thanks.
  • Options
    Can someone tell me what 'Force notification in all cases' means?
  • Options
    @public - I've discovered, to my great surprise, that 'force notification in all cases' means that a copy of the latest post is sent to ALL members of the board.
  • Options
    Man, I wish it did that. I wish that at least, people subscribed to a given section would always get an email when there was activity. The way it is now they neglect one notification and they never come back to the site. Maybe there's a hack for this?
  • Options
    @ publicradio: That is an option for users if they go Account tab then on the left Notification then tick "Email me every time (instead of once between each forum visit)", so if they want it that way they can have it.
    @ TomTester: You were surprised? What else would it do?
  • Options
    Hi... regarding the very useful new option of "automatically subscribe users to discussions they participate in"; can I subscribe the users who already have added thier comments? because the effect of this option starts when I install the extension and I really need to apply this option to the existing comments...
  • Options
    No, sorry. It is possible to write a script that does that, but I haven't written one
  • Options
    Thanks SubJunk... I'll try to write one...
  • Options
    If you do please let me know, my email is in the extension info. Then with your permission I could integrate it into Notifi so everyone can benefit
  • Options
    @Sub: I expected that I (as admin) would receive notification of all cases (all posts) even if I was not subscribed to the topic.
  • Options
    Hello Klaus, thanks again for your efforts. I just wonder is there any possibility to make this extension work for anonymous users. For example, i am a guest user, I made a comment on a discussion and subscribed via email to follow it. So when I click on subscribe, it will ask my email and thats it. It may also send a deactivation link to my email address. Is this possible? Regards.
  • Options
    It's certainly possible to make that feature, but I have no plans to make it. I hope to spend more time developing Notifi and Whisperfi in the future but at the moment I can't
  • Options
    Klaus,

When logged in as an administrator, it would be good to be able to see and change other user's notification settings.

At the moment my menu link contains the user id (e.g. ...&u=123&...) when I'm viewing the profile for another user. However, when changing the notification settings it does not change user 123, it changes just my own settings.

The request is to provide a privilege like NOTIFI_CHANGE_OTHER_USERS to allow an administrator to change the settings for any other user. Without that setting, the "Notification" option should not even appear in the menu when viewing the account profile for another user.

I realise this would involve changes in many parts of the module, but the changes ought to be fairly trivial. I may implement this myself - would it help if the changes were made available to you?

-- Jason
  • Options
    With Notifi running i cant log out. I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::AddList() in /home/a3076355/public_html/extensions/Notifi/default.php on line 122