Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla ProxyConnect

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    The two systems keep completely separate user records.

1. Never use the Vanilla entry/signin screen when the SSO plugin is turned on (I will update the plugin so it won't let you).
    2. If a user exists in Vanilla, but does not exist in wordpress, the user will need to *register* in wordpress, and then *sign in* in wordpress, and when they to got Vanilla they will be asked to link their accounts.
    3. If the user exists in Wordpress, but not in Vanilla, they will have an account created for them in Vanilla when they visit it for the first time.
    4. If the user doesn't exist in either system, they must *register* in wordpress, and then *sign in* in wordpress, and they will have an account created for them in Vanilla when they visit it for the first time.
  • I used this plugin to integrate Vanilla forums to a site that uses your forums, a facebook sign on, and my own sites sign on using Cakephp's Auth component. It took a tiny bit of tweaking but it works wonderfully now. Love it thanks!. The only request i have is to be able to edit the domain of the cookie within the plugin. Currently i have to manually edit the configuration file to change the domain to be (.mydomain.com) instead of (forum.mydomain.com)
  • Got little problem with this. Just installed fresh Vanilla 2. Then uploaded this plugin into proper catalogue. It appeard on list of plugins, so I activated it. I got new item in left menu "SingleSingOn", clicked it but insted of plugin settings i get:
    Page Not Found
    The page you were looking for could not be found.

I was routed to addres: /garden/plugin/singlesignon
  • This plugin sounds great but it doesn't work.
    I got the same "Page Not Found"
    The page you were looking for could not be found.

/garden/plugin/singlesignon
  • I have the exact same problem as @makingwaves. I found that if you remove garden (so just "/plugin/singlesignon") it brings you to the appropriate page - but when I try to sign in it redirects back to page I'm at no matter what.

I have had to drop tables and start over a few times...
  • I am getting this as well @mixedfeelings. It seems as though the users aren't working in Vanilla. It just asks to sign in and since they are already signed into wordpress just keeps you on the current page (because that is what the wp-login redirect link is set to).

Any ideas guys?
  • I had the same problem with the /garden/plugin/singlesignon. Removed the /garden and it worked.

Going through the sign up process I got a BONK when I tried to link the accounts, just after the "handshake" page. Now, I can't even go to the forum at all, I get a BONK every time.

Ideas?
  • After deleting cookies, I don't get the BONK anymore, I can login to Wordpress just fine, but when I go to the related forum, it acts as if I'm not signed in and won't allow me to sign in.
  • Yes, I have the same problem, just installed this plugin today. I do not have a wordpress blog installed, although I was planning on developing my own applications and decided to try it out.

However, I am having the same problem now, I cannot sign into my website, It just redirects to the same page without being logged in. ???
  • Also, when I try to log in with firefox, I am getting a message that the account does not exist, something I do not remember trying before this plugin, however I do not get this popup message in google chrome.
  • Removing the plugin folder did not correct this, however removing the newly added values in the config.php file did. ;)

Still interested in this plugin...
  • Hi I am user Vanilla 2 RC2 and have changed all references to garden/plugin to dashboard/plugin.

When I try to save from the "settings" page I get the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'Gdn_HandshakeAuthenticator' not found in /forum/plugins/SingleSignOn/default.php on line 80

I have searched and can't find any class called "Gdn_HandshakeAuthenticator".

Any ideas?
  • Same for me Karladidas ;-(

Vanilla RC2 :
    Just change in singlesignon/default.php line : 27
    $Menu->AddLink('Site Settings', 'Single Sign-on', 'Garden/plugin/singlesignon', 'Garden.Settings.Manage');
    by
    $Menu->AddLink('Site Settings', 'Single Sign-on', 'dashboard/plugin/singlesignon', 'Garden.Settings.Manage');

Fatal error: Class 'Gdn_HandshakeAuthenticator' not found in /homez.41/attachto/www/vanilogin/plugins/SingleSignOn/default.php on line 80

I try to come back to the original version and change the manually in my browser
  • ok so
    Fatal error: Class 'Gdn_HandshakeAuthenticator' not found in /homez.41/attachto/www/vanilogin/plugins/SingleSignOn/default.php on line 80

$Handshake = new Gdn_HandshakeAuthenticator(Gdn::Config('Garden.Authenticator'));

I can see in the folder : library/core/authenticators The class class.passwordauthenticator.php but nothing about : class.handshakeAuthenticator

In core/class.authenticator.php I can t find any handshake ...

something is missing ??
  • Is someone maintaining this addon? The author haven't replies since beginning of april... I am also wondering if this works on WP 3.0?
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    I have just uploaded a new version of this Addon which works with the latest code as of today, and should work with RC2 code as well (but might not). It will definitely work with RC3 and will be maintained through the official V2 release.

Let me know how it works, and report any bugs you find :)

Thanks!

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• I'm getting an error on enable:
    Fatal error: Class 'Gdn_LibraryMap' not found in /plugins/ProxyConnect/class.proxyconnect.plugin.php on line 28

I am running Vanilla 2 RC2 on PHP 5.2.6.

Any ideas? This is pretty urgent... I Googled this, I didn't find any solutions.
    Hi @Ellie

If you look at the ProxyConnect folder, there should be a file in there called class.proxyconnect.plugin.php

Open this file, and go to the 28th line. It should read something like this:
    Gdn_LibraryMap::SafeCache('library','class.proxyauthenticator.php',dirname(__FILE__).DS.'class.proxyauthenticator.php');

Change Gdn_LibraryMap to Gdn_FileCache and this code will start working. RC3 will be changing Gdn_FileCache into a real cache system as opposed to what we're using that class for right now... and a new class will take over those duties... Gdn_LibraryMap

Just uploaded version 1.3

This version addresses some serious issues that made the plugin unusable. I had some local changes that made me unaware of these issues during development. Hopefully this released works better!

• Hi guys

I have RC2 and Wordpress 3.
    First i got the Gdn_LibraryMap and changed it to Gdn_FileCache. After solve that i then got the error in the interface Gdn_IHandshake . I can't find it.

Fatal error: Interface 'Gdn_IHandshake' not found in /hsphere/local/home/XXXXXXX/plugins/ProxyConnect/class.proxyauthenticator.php on line 17

Any idea would be appreciated.

Cheers