HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

From phpBB to Vanilla, no conversation ?

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Imported from phpbb 3 to Vanilla. All my private messages are gone.

Is it normal ?

Comments

• No this shouldnt happen, did everything else work allright? Maybe it needs fixing a bit
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• edited September 2010
    Everything is ok except that.

There is nothing in the data base. (GDN_Conversation and GDN_ConversationMessage = 0)
  • Well im sure @todd will help as well as @lincoln as its a problem, or they have forgottent to add it in the conversion, sorry if this was a problem
  • LincLinc Former Staff Detroit Admin
    @pmarchand It's currently a limitation of the exporter that it skips private messages. I felt it wasn't mission-critical since Conversations aren't meant to be stored indefinitely. We may add it in the future.
  • Ok, i though that i was the only one with this problem, so this is not a bug with my installation :)

So, i think i'm going to disable this feature on my vanilla forum and wait to see if i can add them later with a new version of the importer.

Thanks
  • when will the import tool be updated to include an export tool for vanilla 2. So if an update kills an install users can preform a fresh install and import all there prior v2 export data.
  • Seconded