Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

From phpBB to Vanilla, no conversation ?

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Imported from phpbb 3 to Vanilla. All my private messages are gone.

Is it normal ?

Comments

• No this shouldnt happen, did everything else work allright? Maybe it needs fixing a bit
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• edited September 2010
    Everything is ok except that.

There is nothing in the data base. (GDN_Conversation and GDN_ConversationMessage = 0)
  • Well im sure @todd will help as well as @lincoln as its a problem, or they have forgottent to add it in the conversion, sorry if this was a problem
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @pmarchand It's currently a limitation of the exporter that it skips private messages. I felt it wasn't mission-critical since Conversations aren't meant to be stored indefinitely. We may add it in the future.
  • Ok, i though that i was the only one with this problem, so this is not a bug with my installation :)

So, i think i'm going to disable this feature on my vanilla forum and wait to see if i can add them later with a new version of the importer.

Thanks
  • when will the import tool be updated to include an export tool for vanilla 2. So if an update kills an install users can preform a fresh install and import all there prior v2 export data.
  • Seconded