Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

phpbb to vanillla = Users can't login anymore

MupetzMupetz New
edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have migrated from phpbb to vanilla with around 5000 members.
Everithing is ok for admin login but everyone else cannot login!
<<Sorry, no account could be found related to the email and password you entered.>>

The only anomaly I've discovered with the database : HASHMETHOD still set to phpBB . Changing it to Vanilla didn't do any good doh..

Any ideas ? Thank you..
Tagged:

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2010
    Are they able to reset their password to login? That would help narrow it down to an exporter/import problem or a password hashing problem.

Their hashmethod should be set to phpbb; that is correct.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Make sure the default user role (Member) has permission to sign in (Garden.Signin.Allow). Do this from Roles & Permissions in the Dashboard.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• I'm looking for a phpbb3 to vanilla convert script... How can I get it?
  • Thank you Lincoln... I migrated my forum from phpbb3... but now I have a (big?) problem: the forum had 3.500 users. I connected Vanilla 2 with Wordpress using Proxyconnect 1.8.4. This solution works to "admin" and news users... But, when a user that already exists in Vanilla try login, the system (Vanilla + Wordpress by Proxyconnect) shows the Wordpress login screen. The user puts your login and password, and Wordpress does not recognize, of course. Users can not login (very bad..rs..). I need ask this in Proxyconnect forum, I now... I posted here because maybe you know some solution ...
This discussion has been closed.