Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

phpbb to vanillla = Users can't login anymore

MupetzMupetz New
edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have migrated from phpbb to vanilla with around 5000 members.
Everithing is ok for admin login but everyone else cannot login!
<<Sorry, no account could be found related to the email and password you entered.>>

The only anomaly I've discovered with the database : HASHMETHOD still set to phpBB . Changing it to Vanilla didn't do any good doh..

Any ideas ? Thank you..
Tagged:

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2010
    Are they able to reset their password to login? That would help narrow it down to an exporter/import problem or a password hashing problem.

Their hashmethod should be set to phpbb; that is correct.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Make sure the default user role (Member) has permission to sign in (Garden.Signin.Allow). Do this from Roles & Permissions in the Dashboard.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• I'm looking for a phpbb3 to vanilla convert script... How can I get it?
  • Thank you Lincoln... I migrated my forum from phpbb3... but now I have a (big?) problem: the forum had 3.500 users. I connected Vanilla 2 with Wordpress using Proxyconnect 1.8.4. This solution works to "admin" and news users... But, when a user that already exists in Vanilla try login, the system (Vanilla + Wordpress by Proxyconnect) shows the Wordpress login screen. The user puts your login and password, and Wordpress does not recognize, of course. Users can not login (very bad..rs..). I need ask this in Proxyconnect forum, I now... I posted here because maybe you know some solution ...
This discussion has been closed.