Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Your favourite part of Vanilla?

3stripe3stripe ✭✭
edited December 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Mine is the styling of code. It looks so damn tasty like this!

Comments

• Options
    NickENickE New
    edited December 2005
    It's handling of discussions The lack of huge, overdone 3d graphics/backgrounds No signatures/huge avatars The extensibility of it (was so incredibly sick of adding mods to phpbb...) Lack of focus on user rank/post count/etc. ...and a bunch of other reasons which I can't identify at the moment.
  • Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited December 2005

Oi! You're only allowed to choose one! "favourite part" not "parts"

• Options
    NickENickE New
    edited December 2005
    Oh, oops. Ok, then, I'll wrap them all up in a really vague description: It's approach to handling and displaying information, both from the perspective of a developer and an end-user.
  • Options
    Just plain board, nothing more.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Uh oh. I think sirnot might not like the new panelfade I put in 0.9.3. *ducks*
  • Options
    Do you have a screenshot of this "panelfade"?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    lussumo.com/vanilladev
  • Options
    yeah you really went overboard on the 3-d there bub.
    ;)

looks sweet!
  • Options
    oops forgot to mention my favorite part about vanilla.

would probably be the save search function.
  • Options
    i'll have to say i love just the simplistic, clean feel to everything... from the control panel to the forums themselves. i've been getting fed up with all the clunky table-based boards, and it's nice and refreshing to see a CSS based forum that's so easy to integrate and mod how you want it.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    The nearly idiot-proof install i'd have to say is the bestest part. :)
  • Options
    I would have to say the clean and modern HTML code it generates. It's a dream to style.
  • Options
    i love it for its simplicity. huuuuuuge thanks for making such a brilliant forum!
  • Options
    I'll agree that it is quite simplistic when it comes to the markup and it's presentation. Also, the handheld CSS is also a nice touch. (But, where's the print CSS?)
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    you would need to be crazy to want to print any of this nonsense! :D
  • Options
    it's concept
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    If anyone wants to make a print.css, I'd be happy to include it with the release. Seriously.
  • Options
    If I have a spare afternoon over winter break, I'll make one.
  • Options

I would still love to see a fully mobile compatible version of Vanilla that I could use on my symbian phone... it does kindof work at the moment but with a little tweaking it could be pretty sweet?

• Options
    my favourite part of Vanilla is mark ;) lol... my favourite part is the focus on discussions rather than pointless features.
This discussion has been closed.