Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Your favourite part of Vanilla?

13»

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    I could have sworn that xampp gave you mysql, at least the one copy I used a while ago gave it to me unless there's an alternate version.
  • Options
    Yah? Isn't mysql the M in xaMpp?
  • Options
    Well yeah, but I think what he meant was that PHP was installed with SQLite support too
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I got it working and integrated pretty well. I haven't tested thoroughly yet. I'm interested to see how the speed compares, though.
  • Options
    lech, a few posts ago i had (half-jokingly) that vanilla might be a good candidate for sqlite support. since mark's code is very well done (and well abstracted), it seemed very logical that migrating to another database backend would be easy. i wouldn't expect someone to use sqlite when mysql is an option. the benefits of mysql over sqlite are huge, but sqlite has two big benefits: 1) theoretically, it will work wherever php is installed (but i guess this depends on whether it was compiled in), and depends on nothing else (like a mysql server, be it on the same machine or on the same network) 2) it's supposed to be crazy fast for small databases. punBB pretty much has the market cornered for forum software that will run in such a minimal environment. anyway, just wanted to clear that up. thanks for looking into this, mark!
This discussion has been closed.