Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Notification on new applicants

2»

Comments

• Hi all!
    Many thanks to ubik74, this was exactly what I was looking for!
    I implemented it thus (applications/dashboard/controllers/class.entrycontroller.php, line 791):
    ... $this->View = "RegisterThanks"; // Tell the user their application will be reviewed by an administrator. $userdata = $this->Form->FormValues(); mail($this->UserModel->Get("1")->Email, T('New user waiting for approval'), T('A new user submitted a registration request: ')."\n".$userdata['Email']);
    This sends emails to user 1, and (almost) nothing is hardcoded. But was the lack of automatic notification a feature?
  • You guys rock! I started using Vanilla 2 this week and I properly received one email notification for a pending user...and then it stopped altogether.

So even though my issue arose nearly a year after this thread ended, luxferrari's code still worked perfectly in Vanilla 2.0.18.4 -- Thank you!!!!

• In version 2.0.18.4, the line:

$this->View = "RegisterThanks"; ....

is on 1034. Add the following two lines on 1035 and 1036, respectively.

1035: $userdata = $this->Form->FormValues();
    1036: mail($this->UserModel->Get("1")->Email, T('New user waiting for approval'), T('A new user submitted a registration request: ')."\n".$userdata['Email']);

Remember to apply this fix again if you upgrade to a newer version (unless Vanilla adds it).

• Is this still a problem / something people want? I've written a Plugin which does this for my own purposes, but if it's desirable I'll tidy it up and submit it - let me know.

• @mattchatterley ... sorry to bump this post again but if you have developed a plugin and are willing to submit it, that would be great!

• Hmmm, I've just started using Vanilla and have the same problem. I get notified about posts, but not about new applicants.