Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Statistics API Key - Where do I get it?

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hey Community,
I searched around the web, but I can't find anything about
how I get the Credentials for the Vanilla Statistics... Vanilla
says, that my Token is wrong and that I entered the wrong
credentials.. :/

Regards,
Cere

Best Answer

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    After much back-and-forth this was an issue of curl not being enabled on oal's server. We will put a message to this effect in the next 2.0.18* patch.

Answers

• Options
    Try going to your dashboard and selecting re-register api key.
  • Options
    Re-registering api key doesn't work. Just gives me the same blank fields. Do I have to register for a key somewhere? The docs say nothing about it afaik, so I hope you guys can help.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Bump? It still does not work. Does anyone know how to get an API key to enable statistics?
  • Options
    Please make sure you have updated to the latest version of Vanilla and then try again.
  • Options
    Should I insert anything into the fields, or should it be fully automatic after clicking "Re-register api key"? The exact message I see is "Problem with credentials." so I would expect that it expects me to give it some information to check my credentials?
  • Options
    You don't need to give it anything. You do need to make sure your config is writable though.
  • Options
    The config is writable. Any other things you know has caused this to happen before?
  • Options
    Todd: I did a clean install now, and it still does not work. I'm running Cherokee with php 5.2.6, Debian Lenny. Is there something in that setup which doesn't work well with Vanilla?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Can you PM me the name and url of your forum?
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    After much back-and-forth this was an issue of curl not being enabled on oal's server. We will put a message to this effect in the next 2.0.18* patch.
  • Options

My plugin - Vanillastatistics stop working today (13.02). I have a problem with Application ID and Application secret. The url is http://www.vanillaforest.com. Please help!.

• Options

The plugin - "vanillastatistics" again operate normally. Today, i dont know why but there was a problem with this addons. Anyway, everything is fine at the moment. :)

• Options

i have the same error "Problem with credentials" and cant re-register the api-key.
    its a blank installation on ubunto host with cURL enabled. (cURL Information 7.19.7)
    How can i fix it?

• Options

Hi,

Same problem here.

Vanilla installed two days ago with latest version, was working perfectly and now it does not work any longer for some odd reason.

• Options

Seems to be working today. No changes were done on my side so I guess that this is a maintenance situation at vanilla HQ.

If there is anything I can do to help, please do let me know!

• Options
    edited July 2012

I have the same problem. What should I do? HELP ME PLS
    ver. 2.0.18.4

My forum http://46.4.72.98/discussions

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

As per the top answer: install cURL.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options

@Tim thx

• Options

i am having similar problem now... how did you resolve yours?

• Options

i've the same problem. any solution ?