Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

jQuery site ...down

422422 Developer MVP
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Anyone have any info, when it will be back up.?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Tagged:

Answers

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

What? No it isn't.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Plugins site is for us, perhaps its country blocked. http://plugins.jquery.com/

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Oh, that sucks. I've heard nothing, no.

• 422422 Developer MVP

I think Mr Resig got pissed at all the plebs posting battery plugins ( spammers )

Mind you needs an overhaul, the search method is rank.
    Felix my mate who is one of the devs, said, it could take a week !

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited December 2011

Well jQuery Plugins is a lesson to us all. I for one am very very saddened at the news on their blog today.

Read about it here

One comment the author made, which i find amazing... and have been in that situation a cpl of times myself.

I didn’t back up the database before I began this process. At this point, you can probably see where this story is headed. Later in the week, while I was attempting to delete four spam items, I was left completely horrified when the results of the operation reported that the remaining 10% — every single plugin remaining in the database — had been purged. All that remained was a year-old backup

Lesson to us all.

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

I feel bad for these guys. I really hope they are getting sympathy for this.

• weve all done it, not that we like to admit. that is why it is worth using something rsync based, just make sure.

If I have a critical project, can't beat backintime, and a separate drive. On top of daily backups.

grep is your friend.

• 422422 Developer MVP