Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

jQuery site ...down

422422 Developer MVP
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Anyone have any info, when it will be back up.?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

What? No it isn't.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Plugins site is for us, perhaps its country blocked. http://plugins.jquery.com/

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Oh, that sucks. I've heard nothing, no.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

I think Mr Resig got pissed at all the plebs posting battery plugins ( spammers )

Mind you needs an overhaul, the search method is rank.
    Felix my mate who is one of the devs, said, it could take a week !

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited December 2011

Well jQuery Plugins is a lesson to us all. I for one am very very saddened at the news on their blog today.

Read about it here

One comment the author made, which i find amazing... and have been in that situation a cpl of times myself.

I didn’t back up the database before I began this process. At this point, you can probably see where this story is headed. Later in the week, while I was attempting to delete four spam items, I was left completely horrified when the results of the operation reported that the remaining 10% — every single plugin remaining in the database — had been purged. All that remained was a year-old backup

Lesson to us all.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

I feel bad for these guys. I really hope they are getting sympathy for this.

• Options

weve all done it, not that we like to admit. that is why it is worth using something rsync based, just make sure.

If I have a critical project, can't beat backintime, and a separate drive. On top of daily backups.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP