Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Theme Feedback

2»

Comments

• Options
    XarcellXarcell North Carolina

422 said:
    Thanks for letting us know ?

:: sigh ::

The reason I was letting you know is because this topic links to my site saying it's powered by vanilla. I didn't want to get into trouble for spam or whatever reason, when someone reports it as spam, since it's no longer running on vanilla.

Sorry, I thought that was obvious.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited July 2012

Where in the thread does it state your site is "powered by vanilla" ?

No need to sigh, if you plan on running forums you best get used to the concept of posting in public forums. I ran vbulletin for years and years, but i didn't ask mods to delete me or my account on them, or specifc threads.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Xarcell said:

peregrine said:
    looks nice. I are you going to upload the theme to the add-ons.

No, it's an exclusive theme for my site. However, if I do end up using vanilla, I will most likely make themes for vanilla in my spare time.

I've made themes for xenforo, wordpress, simple machines(SMF), Drupal, Blogger. So I guess vanilla is due... >

@Xarcell - so now that you gave up on vanilla. Are you going to add your theme to the add-ons as a parting gift for all the help you received :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    XarcellXarcell North Carolina

422 said:
    Where in the thread does it state your site is "powered by vanilla" ?

No need to sigh, if you plan on running forums you best get used to the concept of posting in public forums. I ran vbulletin for years and years, but i didn't ask mods to delete me or my account on them, or specifc threads.

I've been running forums for over 10 years.

The subject of this thread says "Theme Feedback", with the first sentence saying: "I'm looking for some feedback, both good & bad on my first theme I made for vanilla".

You obviously haven't been using a variety of forums. I would say on about half of the forums out there, you can get suspended or banned for posting links to sites not related. I didn't want to get accidentally banned because someone later on reported this topic as spam because the link I posted that was formerly running vanilla, is no longer running vanilla. The person reporting the post wouldn't know that.

Geez, it's not like I've asked the mods to delete all of my topics. I only asked on this one "if it was necessary". You've made it apparent that it wasn't necessary, so why try to belittle me? You could have just said nothing.

Anyway, I see no point in continuing this thread. Thanks for your help in the past 422.