Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

URGENT HELP NEEDED: All Discussions Page Empty

edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I tried to install Vanilla 2.1 as a new installation in a separate folder but used the database details of the existing forum. I could not proceed with that and deleted the installation.

Later I found out that the old forum Discussion Page showing 'No Discussions were found'

Please help me with this. My database file is still there. That has not been deleted.

www.indianfootballnetwork.com/forum

Comments

• Options

retrieve your old configuration file config.php from your backups and copy it in to your conf directory. verify file permissions on cache and compile folders and delete .ini files from your cache directory.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

replaced the current config.php file with an old one. Now the forum doesnt open and shows the following error
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare realpath2() (previously declared in /home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/conf/config.php:185) in /home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/conf/config.php on line 204
    @peregrine

• Options

Returned to the original config.php again.
    The problem still persists. Everything about the forum is fine but the discussions are not appearing

• Options

even the 'categories' have disappeared

• Options
    mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012

First, make a backup of your database (export) with phpmyadmin or whatever you are using.

Go into your database and look for GDN_discussions and just verify that your discussions and such are all still there. I can't imagine that 2.1 would completely wipe out your database details, but then again it is still in development.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

good plan mcu_hq

indianfootynet said:
    replaced the current config.php file with an old one. Now the forum doesnt open and shows the following error
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare realpath2() (previously declared in /home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/conf/config.php:185) in /home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/conf/config.php on line 204
    @peregrine

list lines 185 and 204 in config.php

also list all non password, salt and email info in your config.

also make sure your config.php database name matches the database name you want.
    you didn't say whether you deleted the ini files which I would recommend.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine I had deleted all .ini files
    Also, when I start a new discussion now, the discussion Id is '1'.

185 function realpath2($path) {
    204 }

• Options

list lines 185 and 204 in config.php

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

also go into phpmyadmin and verify if there are any discussions in the table.

you also need to answer all the questions - if you want efficient help.

• Options

if your discussions table is empty after looking at it with phpmyadmin and the other tables are empty, you will most likely need to restore your database from a backup.

• Options
    edited July 2012

I'm starting to think that the installer will actually drop whole tables if they exist. I would think that it would give a warning or something, but the only way to be sure is to look at the script.

I hope that you at one time exported the database. If you are being hosted online, I bet that you can recover everything just fine since most do daily backups.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

structure.php has a bunch of flags for $drop and drop is set to false in setupcontroller.php

and it tests for $drop or if table exists for a variety of tables couldn't find the discussiont able though.

• Options

Thanks for all the help guys. I checked and my discussion table was empty indeed. I had migrated from phpbb a few months back. I could still do a fresh installation and export that data by vanillaporter. Unfortunately I do not have any recent backup of the Vanilla forum.

The problem of doing a fresh installation is that I would lose all the new users who had registered.

Is there a way to keep the users?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

I tend to think he's got the config.php mangled or has duplicates in the conf directory that may be being used instead or we are not getting all the information from the process he took.

• Options
    edited July 2012

indianfootynet said:
    Thanks for all the help guys. I checked and my discussion table was empty indeed. I had migrated from phpbb a few months back. I could still do a fresh installation and export that data by vanillaporter. Unfortunately I do not have any recent backup of the Vanilla forum.

The problem of doing a fresh installation is that I would lose all the new users who had registered.

Is there a way to keep the users?

How are you hosting your website?

Is your users table also gone? Are you sure that the Vanilla 2.1 installer did not give you any warnings like "These tables are not empty or exist, are you sure you want to continue?"

• Options

is the usertable empty?

• Options

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();

// Conversations
    $Configuration['Conversations']['Version'] = '2.0.18.1';

// Database
    $Configuration['Database']['Name'] = '_newforum';
    $Configuration['Database']['Host'] = 'localhost';
    $Configuration['Database']['User'] = '_mybb';
    $Configuration['Database']['Password'] = 'xxxxxxxxxxxx';

// EnabledApplications
    $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Conversations'] = 'conversations';
    $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Vanilla'] = 'vanilla';

• Options

// EnabledPlugins
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['HtmLawed'] = 'HtmLawed';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Facebook'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Twitter'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['OpenID'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['GoogleSignIn'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['AllViewed'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['SplitMerge'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['WhosOnline'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['TopPosters'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Pockets'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['StopForumSpam'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Emotify'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Signatures'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['CategoryAccordion'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['cleditor'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['VanillaStats'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['embedvanilla'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['StopAutoDraft'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['vanillicon'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['LikeThis'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Quotes'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Sitemaps'] = TRUE;

// Garden
    $Configuration['Garden']['Title'] = 'INDIAN FOOTBALL FORUM';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Salt'] = 'AV8UKBA40Z';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Domain'] = '';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['ConfirmEmail'] = '1';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['DefaultRoles'] = 'a:1:{i:0;s:1:"2";}';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['ApplicantRoleID'] = '';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['Method'] = 'Captcha';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['ConfirmEmailRole'] = '3';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['CaptchaPrivateKey'] = '6Ld53sYSAAAAAMxOLemO9pneh1ej_GXV3qcawTwp';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['CaptchaPublicKey'] = '6Ld53sYSAAAAAE9qbBW871n7f0mcTXYWCuOQizyN';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['InviteExpiration'] = '-1 week';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['InviteRoles'] = 'a:6:{i:1;s:1:"0";i:2;s:2:"-1";i:3;s:2:"-1";i:4;s:2:"-1";i:5;s:2:"-1";i:7;s:1:"0";}';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SupportName'] = 'Indian Football Forum';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SupportAddress'] = 'indianfootballnetwork@gmail.com';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['UseSmtp'] = FALSE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpHost'] = '';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpUser'] = '';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpPassword'] = '';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpPort'] = '25';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpSecurity'] = '';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Version'] = '2.0.18.1';
    $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['CanProcessImages'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Installed'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['InstallationID'] = '59C4-AA661E02-F4E5C8F0';
    $Configuration['Garden']['InstallationSecret'] = '70d2463d0755d015f7e304b4b05c2afabd167bf3';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Format']['Hashtags'] = FALSE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Import']['CurrentStep'] = 12;

• Options

I would ask the host to restore the database files, if they are willing.