Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

URGENT HELP NEEDED: All Discussions Page Empty

Comments

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭

peregrine said:
    I would ask the host to restore the database files, if they are willing.

They better be willing, or else false marketing.

• $Configuration['Garden']['Import']['CurrentStepData'] = 'a:10:
    {s:9:"Overwrite";s:9:"overwrite";s:14:"OverwriteEmail";s:31:"admin@indianfootballnetwork.com";s:17:"OverwritePassword";s:15:"networkblue2011";s:18:"UseCurrentPassword";b:0;s:11:"GenerateSQL";b:0;s:5:"Stats";a:3:{s:7:"Started";s:19:"2012-03-02 03:22:28";s:20:"Time Spent on Import";d:33.369337558746337890625;s:8:"Finished";s:19:"2012-03-02 03:23:14";}s:6:"Header";a:3:{s:14:"Vanilla Export";s:5:"1.6.4";s:6:"Source";s:9:"phpBB 3.*";s:10:"HashMethod";s:5:"phpBB";}s:6:"Tables";a:11:{s:4:"User";a:4:{s:4:"Path";s:49:"/home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/uploads/User.txt";s:7:"Columns";a:9:{s:6:"UserID";s:0:"";s:4:"Name";s:0:"";s:8:"Password";s:0:"";s:5:"Email";s:0:"";s:13:"CountComments";s:0:"";s:10:"HourOffset";s:0:"";s:14:"DateFirstVisit";s:0:"";s:14:"DateLastActive";s:0:"";s:12:"DateInserted";s:0:"";}s:6:"Loaded";b:1;s:8:"Inserted";b:1;}s:4:"Role";a:5:{s:4:"Path";s:49:"/home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/uploads/Role.txt";s:7:"Columns";a:3:{s:6:"RoleID";s:0:"";s:4:"Name";s:0:"";s:11:"Description";s:0:"";}s:6:"Loaded";b:1;s:8:"Inserted";b:1;s:8:"RowCount";i:7;}s:8:"UserRole";a:5:{s:4:"Path";s:53:"/home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/uploads/UserRole.txt";s:7:"Columns";a:2:{s:6:"UserID";s:0:"";s:6:"RoleID";s:0:"";}s:6:"Loaded";b:1;s:8:"Inserted";b:1;s:8:"RowCount";b:0;}s:8:"Category";a:5:{s:4:"Path";s:53:"/home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/uploads/Category.txt";s:7:"Columns";a:5:{s:10:"CategoryID";s:0:"";s:4:"Sort";s:0:"";s:4:"Name";s:0:"";s:11:"Description";s:0:"";s:16:"ParentCategoryID";s:0:"";}s:6:"Loaded";b:1;s:8:"Inserted";b:1;s:8:"RowCount";i:97;}s:10:"Discussion";a:5:{s:4:"Path";s:55:"/home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/uploads/Discussion.txt";s:7:"Columns";a:13:{s:12:"DiscussionID";s:0:"";s:10:"CategoryID";s:0:"";s:4:"Name";s:0:"";s:12:"InsertUserID";s:0:"";s:10:"CountViews";s:0:"";s:14:"FirstCommentID";s:3:"int";s:6:"Format";s:0:"";s:13:"CountComments";s:0:"";s:6:"Closed";s:0:"";s:8:"Announce";s:0:"";s:12:"DateInserted";s:0:"";s:11:"DateUpdated";s:0:"";s:15:"DateLastComment";s:0:"";}s:6:"Loaded";b:1;s:8:"Inserted";b:1;s:8:"RowCount";i:711;}s:7:"Comment";a:5:{s:4:"Path";s:52:"/home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/uploads/Comment.txt";s:7:"Columns";a:8:{s:9:"CommentID";s:0:"";s:12:"DiscussionID";s:0:"";s:12:"InsertUserID";s:0:"";s:4:"Body";s:0:"";s:12:"UpdateUserID";s:0:"";s:6:"Format";s:0:"";s:12:"DateInserted";s:0:"";s:11:"DateUpdated";s:0:"";}s:6:"Loaded";b:1;s:8:"Inserted";b:1;s:8:"RowCount";i:15706;}s:14:"UserDiscussion";a:5:{s:4:"Path";s:59:"/home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/uploads/UserDiscussion.txt";s:7:"Columns";a:3:{s:12:"DiscussionID";s:0:"";s:6:"UserID";s:0:"";s:10:"Bookmarked";s:0:"";}s:6:"Loaded";b:1;s:8:"Inserted";b:1;s:8:"RowCount";b:0;}s:12:"Conversation";a:5:{s:4:"Path";s:57:"/home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/uploads/Conversation.txt";s:7:"Columns";a:4:{s:7:"Subject";s:12:"varchar(250)";s:14:"ConversationID";s:0:"";s:12:"InsertUserID";s:0:"";s:12:"DateInserted";s:0:"";}s:6:"Loaded";b:1;s:8:"Inserted";b:1;s:8:"RowCount";i:2;}s:19:"ConversationMessage";a:5:{s:4:"Path";s:64:"/home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/uploads/ConversationMessage.txt";s:7:"Columns";a:6:{s:9:"MessageID";s:0:"";s:12:"InsertUserID";s:0:"";s:4:"Body";s:0:"";s:14:"ConversationID";s:0:"";s:6:"Format";s:0:"";s:12:"DateInserted";s:0:"";}s:6:"Loaded";b:1;s:8:"Inserted";b:1;s:8:"RowCount";i:192;}s:16:"UserConversation";a:5:{s:4:"Path";s:61:"/home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/uploads/UserConversation.txt";s:7:"Columns";a:2:{s:14:"ConversationID";s:0:"";s:6:"UserID";s:0:"";}s:6:"Loaded";b:1;s:8:"Inserted";b:1;s:8:"RowCount";b:0;}s:5:"Media";a:3:{s:4:"Path";s:50:"/home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/uploads/Media.txt";s:7:"Columns";a:9:{s:12:"ForeignTable";s:0:"";s:9:"ForeignID";s:0:"";s:4:"Path";s:0:"";s:12:"DateInserted";s:0:"";s:13:"StorageMethod";s:0:"";s:7:"MediaID";s:0:"";s:4:"Name";s:0:"";s:4:"Type";s:0:"";s:4:"Size";s:0:"";}s:4:"Skip";b:1;}}s:13:"LoadTableType";s:20:"LoadTableLocalInfile";s:18:"CurrentStepMessage";s:0:"";}';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Import']['ImportPath'] = '/home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/uploads/export_u43njiqr_forum_2012-03-02_031905.txt.gz';
    $Configuration['Garden']['EditContentTimeout'] = '-1';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Theme'] = 'DarkMist';
    $Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'BBCode';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Messages']['Cache'] = 'a:1:{i:0;s:6:"[Base]";}';
    $Configuration['Garden']['SystemUserID'] = '2830';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Html']['SafeStyles'] = FALSE;

// Plugin
    $Configuration['Plugin']['Mcu']['Plugin']['Mcu']['BreadcrumbHome'] = 'Home';

// Plugins
    $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Dashboard'] = '1';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Plugins'] = '1';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Categories'] = '1';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Profile'] = '1';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Registration'] = '1';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Discussion'] = '1';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['Facebook']['ApplicationID'] = '255482391200475';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['Facebook']['Secret'] = 'a7ca461f2511176143a470c3f83d1686';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['Twitter']['ConsumerKey'] = 'AzQOCwTUlZ2wbpqtRmMozA';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['Twitter']['Secret'] = '5GoxbgN2cSvF2hJtm9qLEh5sDCCbdKFBm08RIBwun4';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['OpenID']['Enabled'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Plugins']['GoogleSignIn']['Enabled'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Plugins']['StopForumSpam']['UserID'] = '2778';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['StopForumSpam']['IPThreshold1'] = '5';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['StopForumSpam']['EmailThreshold1'] = '5';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['StopForumSpam']['IPThreshold2'] = '20';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['StopForumSpam']['EmailThreshold2'] = '10';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['Signatures']['Enabled'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Plugins']['KarmaBank']['Version'] = '0.9.5.7b';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['KarmaBank']['Enabled'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Plugins']['KarmaBank']['StartingBalance'] = '10.00';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['KarmaBank']['CommentShowBalance'] = '1';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['EmbedVanilla']['RemoteUrl'] = 'http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/blog/forum/';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['EmbedVanilla']['ForceRemoteUrl'] = FALSE;
    $Configuration['Plugins']['EmbedVanilla']['EmbedDashboard'] = FALSE;

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

If the user table is empty also - you couldn't recover your users unless you had a backup.

Which your host provider should presumably have and should restore for you as mcuhq pointed out.

I would also have them restore your config.php

or restore your whole directory structure and your databases from a backup prior to your install mishap.

lesson learned in hindsight - export or backup database regularly.

Always backup all config files and databases before upgrades and installations or experimental installations.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I am chatting with the host now. I am on VPS. Lets hope they have a backup

• good luck! hope they can help you.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

Once you get everything back to normal you might want to change some of the password twitter and facebook passwords and secrets of info you posted up about 4 messages up in your config.php. you might want to delete that before your edit time runs out.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@indianfootynet

I've just started using 2.1 in a test situation.

I couldn't simply import my current database data into the 2.1 database - partly, I think, because my old database had fields in certain tables from plugins that the new db didn't have.

I ended up exporting/importing data a table at a time, after comparing the two tables, and dropping fields that the new db didn't have.

I guess the alternative would have been to add the fields into the new db, which I would have done if it had been a live site db.

Your host should ceratinly have a backup of your db from a day and a week ago, so you shouldn't have lost too much.

Possibly unrelated, but I found out that when I exported data from a db table using phpMyAdmin on my server, I had to expand the selections and uncheck the Drop table option, otherwise when I imported, it wrote over the existing data.

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012

Better option will be to wait for the official 2.xx to 2.1 porter if you want to transition an already existing forum. Playing around with the db can lead to unforeseen problems.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Backup before you upgrade. Its alwys been the rule.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• 422 said:
    Backup before you upgrade. Its alwys been the rule.>

Sometimes, it take the rule to be broken to learn the rule and never forget it. No pain, no rule learnin'.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Aint we all been there

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@mcu_hq

I wouldn't do it for a production site, I just wanted some real data in my local testing server.

• SheilaSheila ✭✭

@indianfootynet I'm so sorry, hope you get everything set and back online.

mcu_hq said:
    Better option will be to wait for the official 2.xx to 2.1 porter if you want to transition an already existing forum.

Could @UnderDog make an official announcement about this? I think that once the 2.1 buzz grows, more an more users will try the upgrade with out realizing there's no porter yet.

Might be also good idea to add hints, how to backup database.

peregrine said:

422 said:
    Backup before you upgrade. Its alwys been the rule.>

Sometimes, it take the rule to be broken to learn the rule and never forget it. No pain, no rule learnin'.

Think we've all been there...

• Thanks everyone for the help again. Yes we have contacted the host and they say they have a backup which is 6 days old. So hopefully we will get right back although it would cost us some dollars. But guess that is a learning curve.

• @indianfootynet

peregrine said:
    Once you get everything back to normal you might want to change some of the password twitter and facebook passwords and secrets of info you posted up about 4 messages up in your config.php. you might want to delete that before your edit time runs out. >

take a look at what you posted in relating to config.php

if people can use what you posted in facebook and twitter, etc. You should change them immediately.

• peregrine said:
    @indianfootynet

peregrine said:
    Once you get everything back to normal you might want to change some of the password twitter and facebook passwords and secrets of info you posted up about 4 messages up in your config.php. you might want to delete that before your edit time runs out. >

take a look at what you posted in relating to config.php

if people can use what you posted in facebook and twitter, etc. You should change them immediately.

I have changed the passwords. Thank you for bringing that to my notice.
    Also answering the previous questions,

1. I am hosting it on myhosting.com VPS plan.
    2. The installer did show a warning message which I do not remember but I did not proceed any further.
    3. I was doing fresh installation of Vanilla 2.1 in a test folder and was not upgrading the current forum. But I entered the same database which is used by the live forum.
  • Sheila said:
    Could @UnderDog make an official announcement about this? I think that once the 2.1 buzz grows, more an more users will try the upgrade with out realizing there's no porter yet.

No, not yet. Let's wait till the Vanilla guys annouce the actual 2.1 release.

Might be also good idea to add hints, how to backup database.

That's something for the Wiki, but usually the users know how to backup the database using phpMyAdmin.

indianfootynet said:
    they say they have a backup which is 6 days old. So hopefully we will get right back although it would cost us some dollars.

That makes me really sick. Are they letting you pay for restoring a backup? and the backup isn't even daily? Really sick.

• OK. Here is what is happening. We got a backup from our host. I restored the backup through cPanel using backup wizard but when I open the GDN_Discussion Table...its still empty!
    I have restored the config.php too and have cleared .ini files.
    What is wrong?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

Your host probably has to restore your database, as it is probably outside of your directory access. They probably just provided you with a backup of your source code files not your database. You need to explain that it is a mysql database you want restored. Or they assumed you exported the database and put the backup in your directories, in which case you could import using phpmyadmin. But apparently you didn't export or backup your database yourself otherwise you would have been able to manually install it without their help.

• They gave me a file which is like username_databasename.sql
    I compressed it to .sql.gz and uploaded it via database backup wizard.
    But its all the same. When I open .sql file in notepad, I can see the commen ts and everything. What could be the problem?