Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Changing the colors of the theme i am using

13»

Comments

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Sorry I dont type the same thing twice, refer to above posts . Mate learn to READ,

Also try reading this http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/19915/deploying-a-new-forum-and-adding-a-theme-for-everyone

Over and Out

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

lol... i am a complete noob to this, yes, lol... i did build my store but used dreamweaver to do it... an drove tech support crazy there. but I am learning... thanks to nice people like you. :-)

• Options

it is uploaded and extracted in the these folder

• Options

thank you

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@mysticscooby

It's not a great idea to make test changes on your live site, especially if you are unsure what is going on.

I would suggest in cPanel you go to file manager and make a copy of your Vanilla folder.

Rename it Test (or something)

Go to the cache folder in Test, and delete all the .ini files.

This forum will now be available at www.yoursite.com/Test

It will share your live forum's db, so be aware that if you make test posts they will be seen on your forum.

Now you can make changes and see what they will look like, without affecting your live site.

If you want a local site, I use xampp (http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html) to run a local webserver to test Vanilla changes on my PC prior to uploading.

• Options

Thank you @whu606... I think i got it figured out. i was able to download, upload, and use a different template that is more what i need to match my store... will play with it to see if I can change the colors, I kind of know what I am doing now, a little anyway... thank you so much for your help...