Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Who's online , any version update for vanilla 2.1 ?

Comments

• Options
    jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭

@vrijvlinder see picture if that is possible

• Options
  • Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Ok you want the module after the content? right?

• Options

ya under Gategories & Discussions & Comments.

• Options
    edited July 2013

looking at the code in the class.whoseonlinemodule.php there is a function to render the module in the panel or in the foot you can try the foot one . Just comment the

//return 'Panel'; like this and remove the slashes from return 'Foot'; like this

public function AssetTarget() {
            //return 'Foot';
            return 'Panel';
        }

public function AssetTarget() {
            return 'Foot';
            //return 'Panel';
        }

• Options
    edited July 2013

since i clicked a topic from the discussions , the tr class changed from "new" to "read", so i had the way to change the css to make them look diffrence.so ppl can know which topics they hv read and which part is new topics. .......so i can do it without mark read the Category ,why we need a mark read?and even i click the mark read feel nothing change.... it just changed the class for Categories from "Unread" to "Read", why ppl need to know they hv read a Category?Category includ a lot of topics /discussions,how can ppl read all of them.its illogical....
    =_= still confused...

• Options

Yes I understand your confusion and you are not alone , but these options came about from people wanting something like this. Just like you wanted avatar on whose online , some people wanted something marked read or unread . I know it does not seem to do much. Maybe it is a matter of choice. So yes you can remove with css those parts that you feel are not necessary.

Possibly when there are many many topics and discussions that people may participate in they want to know if there is a new post on that category. If there is no unread or new marking on it , they may think nothing new has been written and not look inside.

• Options

@vrijvlinder i don hv the whoseonlinemodule.php.....
    i had the class.whosonlinemodule.php ...is that same one

• Options

Yes it is sorry for not putting the whole thing in there

• Options
    edited July 2013

@vrijvlinder ok its under the Comments now :)

• Options

excellent ! and thanks for your contribution :)

• Options

@vrijvlinder how do i follow a user,and unfollow ,i don see anywhere i can click on .

• Options

I have no idea about that , you mean follow a category ? That is the only one I know in the the categories page when you hover over the category you get an options menu with follow or unfollow , but that is only for the category.

If it is about the whose online and how it works I really do not know that answer .
    maybe @hgtonight or @peregrine can answer that one :(

• Options
    edited July 2013

@vrijvlinder
    w8.... i found a problem
    i didnt mean to put it on the footer.....
    i wanted to put it into the places which is marked in red (see picture).
    just above the footer.

• Options
  • Options

Ok what you can do is add a < div class="whoseonline" > < /div > above the < div class="foot" > in the default.master.php or tpl of your theme. That will create a space above the foot and you can use css to move the module further up. and adjust the size of the div as well

.whoseonline{height:80px;width:100%;}

• Options
    edited July 2013

@vrijvlinder

question 1:i had admin.master.php is that same one?i use 2.1b1,based on default theme i just rewrite the style.css.

question 2:about the tpl , i heard someone mention be4, its about making theme right?by now i alrdy know how 2 change the theme with style.css (also includ put pics under /image floder).so is it necessary to learn about the tpl and making theme in this way?anything diffrent? do i allowed change the ID and Class from the html or put more html codes after i learned the tpl?

thx:)

• Options

No admin is only for the dashboard, see this is why you must have a custom theme not edit the main style.

Please look at a custom theme so you can see what files should be there. And then make your own custom theme. Do not edit the files in the applications/dashboard

I prefer php based themes but tpl is ok too

• Options

@vrijvlinder can i just simple copy the style.css and move rename it costom.css to a themes/default/desgin/ i alrdy rewrite a lot css code........that is sad if i need to rewrite again.......
    php based themes means i must learn php right?but i think it gonna took a lot time...so tpl is easier?where can i learn tpl.

• Options

Yes you can , no php and tpl are different not any more simple. I like php based themes means they use a default.master.php and I find it easier to edit and add things and it works on mobiles etc.

tpl is a framework which is more simple from the outside but it needs other things to work and to me is a bit more complex.

You make a new folder in your themes folder and put the files in there. Just copy the whole style.css into the new custom.css

You don't really need all that code but it is ok to that in my opinion.