HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

leaderboard and badges.

thanks @vrjvlinder.

I used your icon. and if you want to create additional badge icons for the badges plugin
http://vanillaforums.org/addon/peregrinebadges-plugin

feel free.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Good work mate

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

It's simple version that is free - but it does a few things people might want. Otherwise, if it doesn't meet their needs, they can use the hosted version of reactions and badges, or purchase a badges plugin with more features.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I think your badges are very nice peregrine but if you want I will make more I don't know that I can make them any nicer they came out very good ! Plus people could just make their custom ones if they wanted to so they matched their site. maybe a better idea is to make icon sets to match the themes ?

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    I think your badges are very nice peregrine but if you want I will make more I don't know that I can make them any nicer they came out very good ! Plus people could just make their custom ones if they wanted to so they matched their site. maybe a better idea is to make icon sets to match the themes ?

thx.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

what representative badges do you need ?

If you give me a list will knock some up for you

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

@422 said:
    what representative badges do you need ?

If you give me a list will knock some up for you

thx. @422.

Actually - I have all the badges I need and the plugin has what it needs to functions. :) However, Other users if they choose to use the plugin, may want other badges. I just wanted people to feel free too add their badge designs if they want to. and i know V likes to design so I wanted her to feel welcome to do so? But at this point, it might just be busy work.

• Options

i know V likes to design so I wanted her to feel welcome to do so?

My attempt at making badges was so crappy, the intricate designs just don't show in a tiny pic they came out sucky I was embarrassed to show them lol .... yours are way better and clear to know what they mean. In this case less, is more !

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@peregrine said:
    It's simple version that is free - but it does a few things people might want. Otherwise, if it doesn't meet their needs, they can use the hosted version of reactions and badges, or purchase a badges plugin with more features.

These plugins have been one of your best contributions so far, excellent ideas.

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@peregrine said:

Yohoo, we got Badges. ;)

I think we should start discussing a thread were we can discuss different appealings to enhance the plugin (even financially), i'd be in contributing icons as well. Juchuu! A good start is made. Thanx @peregrine.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options

i'd be in contributing icons as well

Maybe the icon sets can be another plugin ? hahaha like mobilethemeswitcher but would switch out the icon pack. Then people who make themes and such can add an icon pack to their themes so it has a similar look in way of design of the theme.

:)

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

I have an hour to kill today so will produce some badges and perhaps accompanying css file.

Perhaps as suggested do as Vbulletin.org do and have separate area for addons, which compliment such plugins as this.

• Options
    edited March 2013

Yea like an icon depository , or just attach the icons no? peregrine would never go lol

well a screen of them and a zip to download could just be added to a section peregrine could create in the feedback of the plugin for everyone to zip and attach their contributed icon packs something tells me we won't be getting a special section soon, so this might be the best fastest option..

• Options
    edited March 2013

First test made by me and oriented on Vanillaforums-Icons for Likes and Anniversary:

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • Options

the naming convention for the icons in the design folder is pretty easy to follow. If you want to replace the icons just look at a few of the icons and give your new ones the same name.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

@phreak said:
    First test made by me and oriented on Vanillaforums-Icons for Likes and Anniversary:

Whoa, nice. No need for me to even do any. Looks great

• Options
    edited March 2013

@422: It's midnight here, but i'll continue doing some tomorrow, so i keep you updated and point you to a download within the next days.

@peregrine: Anywhere were we can donate to development?

• Options

Just put them in a zip folder I think that works well

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

@peregrine: Anywhere were we can donate to development?

donate what?

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

A css approach