HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

leaderboard and badges.

Comments

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@peregrine said:
    donate what?

3 elefants, 2 ferraris and 100 schnitzels, what else? ;)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

@peregrine said: donate what?

once again. V got me confused :) with just put them in a zip folder.

And it makes me wonder how big the folder would have to be for 3 elefants.

I'd love to get some donations. However, I just canceled the method I used before. So, if in a few months you have some money you want to contribute, that would be cool.

maybe @422 would want to collect donations for me and take a small cut (jus a smidgen) for managing it. and then send me the million at the end of the year via mail.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@phreak said:

Schnitzels with Bratkartoffeln and some good Bautzner Senf. That would be the best experience. :)

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

I am just creating a dynamic badge generator, should be done in a few hours. This way anyone can create what they want .. or be clever and generate the badges dynamically. I havent got the artistic skill of Phreak .. so will cheat and do it the way I know how lol

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited March 2013

once again. V got me confused :) with just put them in a zip folder.

I thought he meant where to put the icon contributions lol or should I change my name to Red lmao ??

I could buy you a prepaid visa from western union and we could all just deposit there ?
    Simple I go to WU buy the card I think it has 24 bucks to start don't know, then you pick it up in your nearest WU !! :)

• Options

@422 said:
    I am just creating a dynamic badge generator, should be done in a few hours. This way anyone can create what they want .. or be clever and generate the badges dynamically. I havent got the artistic skill of Phreak .. so will cheat and do it the way I know how lol

love to see how that works as well as creating badges via CSS. Sounds interesting.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine said:

same here, im interesting on this! Soon i have a big project in my hands and want some custom badges!

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP
    edited March 2013

@422 said:
    I am just creating a dynamic badge generator, should be done in a few hours. This way anyone can create what they want .. or be clever and generate the badges dynamically.

It's indeed a curious way to generate non-images. Do you happen to be using special fonts? I was thinking of something like printing a character, setting colour to white, setting shadow, background and borders, etc. :)

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

yeah i use font awesome.

Just created framework, and will try and create a canvas to save html to png

Preliminary Look

http://vanillaskins.com/badges-generator/

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Awesome, Aniversary, Comments,Role,Troll or LOL ,Promote

• Options

A troll badge :). Everybody wants to win one of those.

• Options

Well it would identify the troll to everyone, like a scarlet letter , then they could appeal the troll badge and if they made up for their trollish ways they can pay cash to make it all go away

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

At this point the only badge types are the ones I described in the plugin. e.g. (there is nothing to do with promote or troll, or flagging - totally different issues).

• Options
    edited March 2013

Yea this was just added comedic value ... was not intended for serious application lol the meanings of the icons are anything you want really , well except for the cash icon which could be an MVP badge ....(no pun intended) but these icons don't look very good when you make them small :(

• Options

i like so much u badges @vrijvlinder i used in my next comunity based in Online Games (League of Legends) :D

• Options
    GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭

@vrijvlinder I think you are going to be busy designing badges for the next few weeks.

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited March 2013

Hoi, i added two more designs, here goes a preview.

And the former made:

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options
    GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭
    edited March 2013

@phreak YES!! That is the way to do it. No need to have 10 different badges when you can use the same badge with a number.

I would change one thing. No need to have the 1 on the first badge. No number is a 1.