HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

leaderboard and badges.

13»

Comments

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited March 2013

@GaryFunk: In this case i consider them the base-badges from where i will start to develop various ones for specific functions. the ones for the QnA will also be a base badge serie "awarded answers" or something like that. even though no function like this is yet implemented (but this one would encourage to write good answers). I will provide the first badge with and without the 1 in the set. thanx for the input.

the next thing is the "slow turtle" badge for those contributing to a forum only once or twice a month. i also prefer a "kidnapped by aliens" - badge where users will start to discuss why some of them receive it and some dont, because they don't know the rule behind. ;)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options

LOL, what enthusiasm about a gr8 plugin can do to a community... @peregrine do you have the possibility to switch badge styles in your plugin?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

Version 1.2 is now available.

You guys should post links to your live websites if you use the PeregrineBadges plugin with your new icons. so we (or me) can see it in action.

@Underdog

I can put one in the setup - but it hardly seems worth the trouble, why would you want to switch badges.

But if you mean the naming convention of Badges in the design/images directory

anniversary badges (Number of years)av.png  

1av.png  First anniversary
    2av.png  Second anniversary
    3av.png  Third anniversary etc.
    4av.png  5av.png  6av.png  7av.png  8av.png  9av.png
    10av.png  11av.png  12av.png  13av.png  14av.png  15av.png  20av.png

comments, likes and thanks follow the same pattern

e.g.
    1comment.png = 1 comment
    2comment.png = 10
    3comment.png = 100
    4comment.png = 500
    5comment.png = 1000
    6comment.png = 2500
    7comment.png = 5000
    8comment.png = 10000

1hb.png = 1 like or 1 thankful
    2hb.png = 10
    3hb.png = 100
    4hb..png = 500
    5hb.png = 1000
    6hb.png = 2500
    7hb.png = 5000
    8hb.png = 10000

If you want to replace with your icons

you could rename the /design/images directory to /design/orig-images

put your new icons in /design/images using the same badge names for the appropriate badge. 

e.g. if you have a replacement for First Anniversary badge call it 1av.png, and so on.

I created separate badges for each event (it was easier than overlaying a number on one badge),

@Srgamer

it's already in the plugin description - but here 

-Anniversary Badges are awarded for each year member has visited forum.

- Comment Badges awarded for 1, 10, 100, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000 comments.

-Like Badges awarded for 1, 10, 100, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000
    likes (if you have the likethis plugin).

-Thankful Badges awarded for 1, 10, 100, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000 

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

Actually @Underdog

in ref: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/177563/#Comment_177563

I thought about the idea. It sounds kind of interesting.

I could put an option in the setup to switch to a different image directory or at least a configuration statement for config.php

e.g. for holidays - you could use different badges e.g. Xmas, St. Patricks Day and whatever holidays you observe.

or whenever.

I also add a setting for the image extension - if you want all gif, all .jpg, .png, etc.

Anybody got any more enhancements, if they are not to difficult, I may be able to add, if I don't have to redesign the whole thing.

@phreak - are you serious about this?

the next thing is the "slow turtle" badge for those contributing to a forum only once or twice a month.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

@phreak

Likes are tallied from the like column in the user table.

This means that they are the recipient of the likes NOT the giver of Likes.

Same as on this forum for awesomes, lols, etc. So you get like badges based on others liking your comments.

It would be an honor :) if you clicked awesome.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
  • Options

Actually a turtle badge for someone who never commented would be quite easy.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

pmsl @ turtlebadge

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited March 2013

@vrijvlinder: Haha, this one is great.

@peregrine: Wasn't meant so seriously. But would be fun, after one month of not commenting users get a turtle badge. Or maybe better a snail. ;)

I also added a profile pic badge, maybe peregrine... will... ähm... never mind. ;)
    The Star Badge could be for making a subscription to discussions (sorry, i forgot the correct translation in english as my board is german), because this also encourages receiving emails (if set in the users settings) and keeping track of discussions in the forum.

The fourth one could be handed out, when a user sent an invitation from a Vanilla Board (this one still needs fine-tuning). I recall there was a feature like that.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited March 2013

Basically the user gets one if he does not post anything for a month ? automatically...
    That should encourage people to post, no ?

• Options

post no ?

post yes?

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

No

• Options

wtf guys, wtf really...

• Options
    GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭

wtf? Wait Till Friday? But I want it now!

• Options

@GaryFunk said:
    wtf? Wait Till Friday? But I want it now!

No please, no! I work in weekend, let me some free days! hahaha