Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Memory Allocation Error

2»

Comments

• Options
    jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭

@vrijvlinder i mean i searched the word "flag" form the page, theres no class called flag,so how i use the css code to make it shows....im noob,maybe something im wrong=_=

44.jpg 112.2K
  • Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

good point .... did you try the ProfileExtender Plugin ? that might work for you.
    I am using it .

The only thing I can say is give me a link to your profile page and I can look for it.
    Does it appear in the dashboard next to user ? In the Users list ?

• Options
    jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭
    edited July 2013

@vrijvlinder actualy i want to show flag beside the username on content&comments ....
    any way to do that?
    world flags + SymbolEdit <<<<best one
    @peregrine
    @matt

• Options

yea I also thought that would be cool. I am sure there is a way :)

• Options

@jeongwee said:
    vrijvlinder actualy i want to show flag beside the username on content&comments ....
    any way to do that?
    world flags + SymbolEdit <<<<best one
    peregrine
    matt

you could probably find some one to do it for you provided you were willing to pay for it. not me, i don't want the overhead of the plugin, nor do I want to install something I can't tell what i am installing.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    edited July 2013

Well it would work just like symbol edit but people would pick a flag instead of symbol.
    "FlagEdit"
    I don't think it is a good idea to combine world flags and symbol edit since world flags uses ip of user to place the flag.

It would be better if users pick their own flag, there could be a pirate flag or other custom flags they could make and have people choose.

Plus what if people want a different flag than the one their ip gets or don't want that shown.

Maybe you could simply clone your own plugin SymbolEdit and make it for Flags instead ?

Technically they would be two different plugins which serve different purposes.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Call it Flag Flair™!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    Call it Flag Flair™!

Good tongue twister !! lol

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

V said.

Maybe you could simply clone your own plugin SymbolEdit and make it for Flags instead ?

clone??? You don't need to clone. All you do is add flags icons to symboledit for countries of people who visit your site and use the symboledit plugin itself. Let the people decide if they want to use it. I want use a site if it discloses things that I don't want disclosed. Maybe some people don't want their flag of origin displayed. If a user requests a flag that is missing just add it, simple enough. Less overhead, getting info.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

clone??? You don't need to clone. All you do is add flags icons to symboledit for countries of people who visit your site and use the symboledit plugin itself.

Yes true, however the OP wants both, how can you have the symbol and the flag ? unless you can add up to 4 symbols ? That is what I mean by making two plugins or even 3 that allow for more symbols . I know it sounds crazy but people like that stuff lol. It is a way of making yourself unique I suppose.

If you could add more symbol options that include a flag also that would be cool . But that sounds like more work than just clone and change names and images to show other stuff like flags.