Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

javascript console mess up my dashboard

13»

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

close your div at the bottom of the code that you posted, you have unbalanced elements.

</div>

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Yes @DenisS like peregrine stated, you need to be more careful how and what you put
    in the pockets.

I recommend you read some html tutorial to help you out.

http://webdesignledger.com/tips/the-most-common-html-and-css-mistakes-to-avoid

• DenisSDenisS ✭✭

Yes i realise what the code does and thank you. But i not up on some terms i was not sure what this meant " you must add (remove spaces from < > which I added here.) < p class="pocket" > and the content you want to add here < /p >" I will use it now. I just needed to settle in my mind the how the error occurred.
    Ok i will close the div thankyou.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

@DenisS

But i not up on some terms i was not sure what this meant " you must add (remove spaces from < > which I added here.) < p class="pocket" > and the content you want to add here < /p >"

what was meant to wrap the info in a paragraph element with a class identifier of pocket, which will cause a line break. So everything in css that relates to .pocket and its derivatives.

The remove spaces from < p > and < /p> was because it is easier to post on this forum with spaces so the html will not treat it as element on the forum but enable you to view the element on the forum. It is easier to type < p> as shorthad for <p> (which is what you need to put in your code. So every time you see < div> you would put your code in as <div> or when you see < /div> make sure you put this in your code </div>.

< whateverelementyousee> <whatever element you see. because if there is a space between the < and the element it will not work properly. It is just displayed on the forum this way sometimes because it is easier to put the code in that way.

But the way to do it is just put your code up and hightlight and click the C button up above
    or use three ~ ~ ~ without the spaces :)

<p> test</p>

<p> test</p>

<p> test</p>

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.