HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Dummy Content

R_JR_J Ex-FanboyMunich Admin

When setting up a new installation, I'd like to have dummy data. I've found that link but it didn't worked for me when I tried to import it into 2.0.18.8.
So I sat down and converted the import script to good old predictable SQL... :-)

The permissions don't work as they should, but I haven't understood the principle of the permission table yet, and according to Vanilla Staff at vanillaforums.com, the permissions must be tweaked after the import. So what I have done to get started was just copying the permissions from the standard installation. There are still issues, but for me this is a great start.

I've attached both SQL scripts, but /!\ BEWARE: this script will wipe all of your data

(Well, not all of your data, but just all the user related data in the database, including conversations, discussions and comments, but you shouldn't really use it, if you do not understand whats it good for and what it is doing. Furthermore, if I'm shouting "BEWARE" it should look at least a little bit serious...)

Login is "dummy@vanillaforums.com", password is "dummy".

All credits go to the Vanilla Staff for providing this content.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

It is funny that you brought this up. I had just downloaded another copy of that for more test sites.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@hgtonight said:
    It is funny that you brought this up. I had just downloaded another copy of that for more test sites.

Great! I'm convinced, fixing te permissions for you is a snap! ;-)

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited August 2013

I didn't even know this existed.

FWIW, this is called "stub content" by us now, and it's included in 2.2 (altho the content it makes in 2.2 is tutorial in nature, not "dummy" per se).

Check out /applications/vanilla/settings/stub.php and where it's called at the end of structure.php for an easier way of handling this.