Articles / Blog App: Make It Happen!
Too many times have we seen posts about embedding, integrating, and unifying Vanilla with bloated blogging software. Current blogging addons modify discussions into blog posts. However, blog posts and discussions are completely different things. I would like the community to offer a truly integrated solution for the use case of forum + blog.
- Article workflow consisting of draft, pending review, and published article states and based on permissions.
- Comments with threading for replies to the top-level comment.
- Guest commenting which is switchable globally with moderation and spam checks.
- File upload for article thumbnail and images.
- Top-level categories and tagging.
- Simple and clean presentation of articles.
- Stability and performance is of importance, and Vanilla 2.1+ is the target for compatibility.
The word "article" stands for content produced by both bloggers and journalists, and is interchangeable with "blog post."
My belief is many Vanilla Forums users will find this application extremely useful and brilliant. This application will expand creativity by providing a whole new content type for Garden + Vanilla.
I respectfully ask for community sponsorship for this proposed blogging application that will be freely distributed on the Vanilla Forums addons site. I will gladly start development on this upon a pledge of $500 or more.
This proposal is not affiliated with the official Vanilla staff.
What do you pledge?
Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app