Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Designer / Developer for Custom Theme

13»

Comments

• so it is not liquid?

grep is your friend.

• @x00: Test it here: babyforum.co.uk (underwork)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • I haven’t seen the menu, although I’m just simulating a device. Anyway nice work.

grep is your friend.

• @x00: Simulators are not working quite good very often. Doesn't make development easier to reload on several phones all day. ;)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • I figured out the sliding menu, It wasn’t obvious from the icon.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    I figured out the sliding menu, It wasn’t obvious from the icon.

The "hamburger button" seems to be a standard on mobile devices. I would go as far to say it is a UX pattern.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2013

@hgtonight said:
    The "hamburger button" seems to be a standard on mobile devices. I would go as far to say it is a UX pattern.

Yes but this doesn't help people who have no idea what the icon is. You can see in you example the actual screenshot shows an arrow, at least this hints at something going to happen.

grep is your friend.

• I think the icon represents a stack of layers. I didn't know what it was the first time I saw it, but I clicked on it anyway. Probably just the type of person I am. :D

It is very common on mobile web applications. That is what makes it acceptable.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @x00 and @hgtonight: I think its close to a convention another helpfull thing is just to make a button reading "Menu" with rounded corners. ;)

• @x00 said:
    I am not a theme designer. For me what I'd pay for in a designer is finesse. It is not the technical css, I can do that myself (although they will do it more systematically), it is creating something the fits the brand, the layout and style, even the white space.
    Personalty Id want to combine that with UX somewhat. So somebody who knows who do user journey, and has an idea of how, look at the process, and interaction, and try and improve the experience.
    These might not be one and the same person, but you'd want them to work on it together.

It feels like you are talking about me , Thanks !!!! lol