Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Pre-Release 3

13»

Comments

• Options
    Yep, it's there. Changing the password to plain text doesn't help. So somehow Vanilla can't get the right username, but I know it can connect to the DB server (since shutting MySQL down gives a big error on the sign in page).
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited June 2006
    I looked more into that error message. It happens when a user is is supplied to the session's start method. That ID is provided to the Session object by the Authenticator object's GetIdentity method.

The GetIdentity method attempts to retrieve the user id from the phpsession. Failing that it goes to your cookies and authenticates your user id that way.

So, you should try clearing your cookies.
  • Options
    Thanks Mark! Then I guess all that came from having two Vanillas on my localhost. Good to know. Thanks again! :)
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    If you change the names that your vanilla sessions and cookies use, it should rectify the problem - name clashing.

There are three config settings to change:

$Configuration['COOKIE_USER_KEY'] = 'lussumocookieone'; $Configuration['COOKIE_VERIFICATION_KEY'] = 'lussumocookietwo'; $Configuration['SESSION_USER_IDENTIFIER'] = 'LussumoUserID';
  • Options
    Neatness, thanks for the help!
  • Options
    Yellow Fade
    I've installed it, what does it do?

Only difference I can see is that Smooth Page Jump stopped working.
  • Options
    Yellow fade does the flashy thing when you add a new comment.
  • Options
    blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    Test.
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Minisweeper: Yellow fade does the flashy thing when you add a new comment.
    Yup, got it happening, but Smooth Page Jump stopped working.
  • Options
    mine does nothing :)
This discussion has been closed.