Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Recently installed Vanilla gives Page Not Found

2»

Comments

• Options

@tsouzar said:
    peregrine First, thanks for all your support. Sorry but an ISO doesn't fall from the sky. Also, I haven't time to install a new OS and I can't jeopardize my system's stability just for a forum platform (is each time easier for me abandon Vanilla).

>

perhaps true.

I guess you suggested me this due to a bad understanding of login problem. I can't login again because on access dashboard I get Page Not Found error, such as the other pages. While logged in I can access the dashboard.

>

but once logged out you can never login again.

I'm aware of the Pagodabox problems with Vanilla related to read-only permissions and I already have a soluction for them. And lol man, I can discern a localhost from a remote hosting.

can you try without using pagoda box.

Or you confused Bit with Byte in my connection speed (browser shows between 0 and 33KBp/s, always ranging), or you're underestimating how Internet is at Brazil. PHP source appears to have more than 100MB, what takes more than 2 hours to accomplish when downloading.

100mb would take me over 5 hours :).
    yes, sometimes I download for hours. Or I just go to another faster connection somewhere, and download a zip or some package.

ilovetech How can I check these MySQL and catch errors?
    "How do you use numbered lines on the code tag in HTML": you're asking? With my bad English and no question mark is hard to understand what you said. If you're asking, I just used Markdown code syntax.

@ilovetech said:
    @peregrine I thought you said "I'm out of this discussion until @tsouzar switches to another OS"

good point... hasta luego.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

And @tsouzar If you are looking for another OS, and looking for a server client OS, I recommend Ubuntu Server 13.04 if you have a amd-64 capable processor or the Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS (Long term release. Supported until 2017) which has a choice of 64-bit, or 32-bit. Check out the requirements at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/SystemRequirements

@ilovetech thanks for you suggestion. For my desktop, I'm definitely and invariably not looking for another OS, I love Arch Linux =] I really need for a very lightweight system, and Arch Linux is it. The Ubuntu, on the other hand...

Well, If you are using 2.0.18.8, maybe testing a beta release would work. Also, if you don't have much data, remove and recreate the database. Also, phpMyAdmin should have an option to "Repair Database" or "Check Database" or something.

I've no data since it's a new forum.

I've a virtual machine in Virtual Box which has FreeBSD. I'll test Vanilla in it's web server and also in a portable wamp stack at Windows. If none works, Vanilla is definitely the owner of all the universe problems and I'll test the beta release.

100mb would take me over 5 hours :). yes, sometimes I download for hours. Or I just go to another faster connection somewhere, and download a zip or some package.

@peregrine Here 100mb would take me over 10 hours, but I'm never able to acomplish the download because connection always go down before. :/

can you try without using pagoda box.

I'm doing the tests here at local machine. I was trying to successfully install Vanilla at here to so upload files to Pagodabox, since the only problems over there are on forum setup. But this !@#$% forum platform only gaves me problems since I choosed it.

Thanks all, bye.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

on second thought

what happens if you add these lines  around line 37

you should see a define statement.

to your index.php in your forum?

can you print your ouput that you see.

var_dump($_GET);
            var_dump(PATH_ROOT);

die();

like so in index.php

define('DS', '/');
            define('PATH_ROOT', dirname(__FILE__));

var_dump($_GET);
            var_dump(PATH_ROOT);

die();

can you print your output - when you go to

http://localhost/index.php

then type http://localhost/index.php?p=discussions

and also print output.

and upload some screenshots of the output please.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

$_GET (http://localhost):

array (size=0)

empty

$_GET (http://localhost/dashboard)

array (size=1)

'p' => string 'dashboard' (length=9)

PATH_ROOT (http://localhost)

string '/srv/http' (length=9)

Seems to be ok.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

remove the die() that you added before

and add around line 56

var_dump($EnabledApplications);

what happens.

like so:

$EnabledApplications = Gdn::ApplicationManager()->EnabledApplicationFolders();

var_dump($EnabledApplications);

• Options

is this in your config.php

if not add it.

$Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Vanilla'] = 'vanilla';

and you have checked phpmyadmin to see if you have tables created in your database
    CORRECT?

if so, how many tables, and see what is in your user table?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

@tsouzar said:

My config.php:

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();
        // Database
        $Configuration['Database']['Name'] = 'vanilla';
        $Configuration['Database']['Host'] = 'localhost';
        $Configuration['Database']['User'] = 'root';
        $Configuration['Database']['Password'] = '*********';
        // Garden
        $Configuration['Garden']['Title'] = 'Vanilla 2';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Salt'] = '***********';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Domain'] = '';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['ConfirmEmail'] = TRUE;
        $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SupportName'] = 'Vanilla 2';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Installed'] = TRUE;
        // Last edited by tsouzar (127.0.0.1)2013-10-03 17:24:48

your config.php is messed up if this is the complete config
    (with salt and password removed)

you are missing necessary lines. the install apparently did not complete as it should.

if you have no database or ALL tables are totally empty - you have an install problem.

try running install again after you rename the config.php to old-config.ph

delete the ini files in the cache folder

and run utility/structure after the install.

then post your new config and report back on the tables in database as above.

• Options

gotta go in about 10 minutos

so if you have something to say - say it now or hasta luego.

• Options

@peregrine All tables was created successfully.

var_dump in $EnabledApplications shows that only dashboard was enabled. Adding $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Vanilla'] = 'vanilla'; to config.php solved the problem. =]

Very thanks. I has been installed now Vanilla in a web hosting and all is working fine (http://hist.cf), without all those problems. Strange... Why localhost installation was so problematic? Comparing hist.cf config.php with the localhost other, really are missing many lines.

Again, very thanks.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

awesome! curious indeed why vanilla was not enabled automatically during install.

glad its solved. come back to the forum to help answer questions (if you know the answers).

particularly with pagoda-related issues.

you can enable applications from the dashboard too! you can enable conversations as well.

• Options

Ok, I will. Thanks.

• Options
    lifeisfoolifeisfoo Zombie plugins finder ✭✭✭

I'm facing the same problem using MAMP (PHP 5.5.3) on OSX. Not yet solved.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    lifeisfoolifeisfoo Zombie plugins finder ✭✭✭
    edited October 2013

Resolved.

Seems that during setup only these configuration values are stored:

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();

// Database
    $Configuration['Database']['Name'] = 'vanilla20188';
    $Configuration['Database']['Host'] = 'localhost';
    $Configuration['Database']['User'] = 'root';
    $Configuration['Database']['Password'] = 'root';

// EnabledPlugins
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['GettingStarted'] = 'GettingStarted';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['HtmLawed'] = 'HtmLawed';

// Garden
    $Configuration['Garden']['Title'] = 'Vanilla 2 groups';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Salt'] = 'CTX2REQ3GW';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Domain'] = '';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['ConfirmEmail'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SupportName'] = 'Vanilla 2 groups';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Version'] = '2.0.18.8';
    $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['CanProcessImages'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Installed'] = TRUE;

In order to get vanilla working also these need to be in the conf file:

$Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Vanilla'] = 'vanilla';
    $Configuration['Routes']['DefaultController'] = 'discussions';

A bug related to the php version? Could anybody give another feedback on this?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

My vanilla installation is constantly throwing the error
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function json_encode()

Due to a license conflict, the JSON functions have been removed from PHP 5.5.1.

Probably the issue discussed here has to do with this...

• Options

@caerostris said:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function json_encode()

Due to a license conflict, the JSON functions have been removed from PHP 5.5.1.

It's available as the php5-json package that you can install separately now.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options
    caerostriscaerostris ✭✭
    edited November 2013

Yup, that was what solved the error for me. I just wanted to point out that this issue might be related to it...
    Edit: Did not fix the issue with config.php.