HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Feature Request: Submit User to StopForumSpam

hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

It would really improve the reporting rate if I had a button on a users profile that, via permissions, could be managed by specified roles (such as site moderators and admins) that allowed you to automatically submit the user name, email, ip address and the last posting of a user (as evidence) to StopForumSpam.com using a site API key that is configured via the plugin settings.

Right now in order to report spammers that get through, I have to manually log in to StopForumSpam.com and copy and paste all of that information from the user profile page over to the Add a Spammer page, and that is very time consuming so it doesn't get done very frequently. The more frequently people add spammer information to the database the better the database is and the few spammers that will get through the defenses.

I have several people on my site that could help report these jerks, but its too much to ask that they go to SFS site for the reporting IMHO.

thanks

Comments

• Options

YES!!!!! I was stunned this didnt already exist. No brainer.

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
  • Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

still nuthin', wow.

i mean, it's a pretty simple enhancement with a lot of usefulness.

you would think it would at least warrant a response from the developer of the plugin.

• Options

I would think the ususal way is to message them or at least mention them, instead of relying upon them to check for discussions by you.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited October 2013

We don't read every discussion every day. In fact we're racing to get some major projects done this week. You could try mentioning us instead of complaining to whoever happens by.

We already know this is a deficiency and want to improve it. Calling it "simple" and a "no brainer" doesn't magically open a day in our schedule, it's just rude.

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

I didn't refer to it as a no-brainer, and I don't generally mention the dev team since it's been regarded as rude in the past, and it never seemed to be required before. I didn't expect it to be worked just because I mentioned it either, I'm not that presumptive at all. I just was looking for a response.

Anyway, I wrote a plugin that adds a report spammer link to profile pages on my site for admins and users with the proper permissions. I can provide the code if it would be useful, but it's not very well written, just a 20 minute hack.

• Options
    rajlakshrajlaksh New
    edited November 2013

[Split Dammit] Its not working :( Manage Spam: 15 but its its not taking action not spam or delete forever. Result increasing.

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

huh? Does your post have anything to do with my original topic? I'd suggest creating a thread.

• Options

@hbf said:
    huh? Does your post have anything to do with my original topic? I'd suggest creating a thread.

Yeah. My post related to it. indirect we wanna report that user. if u can't take action against that user. how do u report?

SFS working. But report to SFS needed.

• Options

@hbf - I'd be most interested in your "hack" :-). Providing feedback to StopForumSpam.com seems like a good idea to make the system better for everyone.

Allan

• Options
    AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

Hi guys, I hate spam too, so I created it: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/reportspam-plugin-1.0

have fun and spread the word!