Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla incorporated into Wordpress

I have read documentation here and at Wordpress, but I am having trouble understanding how this "integration" works and looks.

Can anyone give references to a site or two that has this integration working please, so I can see it live? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New MVP

Integrated how?

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is: www.explorer-systems.com

@ShadowDare's site, www.LividTech.com used to be WP based if I recall correctly.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited October 2013

@ercatli It's 1) iframe'd comments on blog posts (replacing the normal WP comment system) which also create discussions on the forum and 2) an optional single sign-on system so your WP users can login to Vanilla with the same user/pass combo.

You can theme the comments to look however you want.

If you're interested in the cloud hosting service, you can contact sales@vanillaforums.com for more info.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

@hgtonight He was using Glue, which I do not recommend to non-developers.

• Options

There are different kinds of integration such as blog comments, embedding, and user authentication with jsConnect. Some people don't like the feel of embedded forums, so they create separate themes for WordPress and Vanilla that look alike.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

@Shadowdare said:
    There are different kinds of integration such as blog comments, embedding, and user authentication with jsConnect. Some people don't like the feel of embedded forums, so they create separate themes for WordPress and Vanilla that look alike.

I recall someone had written an article explaining all the differences and nuances between the different ways of having articles as well as forums, using glue, embedding, connect, wordpress, content system, etc.
    That was a great article. @shadowdare hint...

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

OK, thanks. I don't think what you're saying here is exactly what I'm looking for, but thanks for the input.