Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product
Vanilla 2.6 is here! It includes security fixes and requires PHP 7.0. We have therefore ALSO released Vanilla 2.5.2 with security patches if you are still on PHP 5.6 to give you additional time to upgrade.

From Zero to Hosted in less than 5 Minutes! (My gift to y'all)

LucasKALucasKA
edited October 2013 in Tutorials

Who needs all that setup BS when I have done the hard stuff for you? Follow these 4 instructions to have a quick install on an awesome secure host, that is also a git based deployment solution (if you're into that).

1. Sign up for a Pagodabox account, with your twitters, githubs or googles

2. Once you are signed up and logged in click this to automagically create a new install of Vanilla It will do its magical magic, and then

3. Click "View Live App" which will take you to the Install script Your Database is already created and info filled out for you

4. You Just fill out Application Title, Email, Username and Password.

You now have a hosted (current stable version) Vanilla Forum!

BOOM HEADSHOT!

This takes care of pretty much all the headaches of PagodaBox (cause I already went through them).

Even if you don't need an install, could you try it and let me know what you think? I'll be posting some video tutorials and workflows later too!

vrijvlinderhgtonightShadowdarejeongweeDeprecatedz

Comments