Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

What do I do? CSS and WP Theme issues*

2»

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The good news about the CSS file is that you can diff the modified file against a stock copy and put all changes into a custom.css file.

The head module file looks like it will require a little more finesse. If the changes can't be done via a view override, you will have to override the entire module with your custom one. Most likely you will be able to roll the changes into your master view rather than the module.

If you post (or PM) the contents of your modified head module, I will be happy to take a look.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@whu606 said:
    The biggest weakness with this 'solution' imo, is that the files will be overwritten if you update to a newer version of Vanilla (which you will almost certainly want to do in the future.)

I agree.

• Options

@hgtonight

My dev just finished the work. Its ok at best for now. But you guys are right Im screwed on the next update. Its likely you all will hear from me again when vanilla 2.2 or 2.3 comes out. Im going live this week I will post a link soon so you can check it out. Thanks for your guys help

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Just a heads up, if you don't sort this out soon, any maintenance (read security) releases will overwrite your customizations.

Porting over the CSS changes should take 5 minutes. I don't know what changes are in the headmodule, so I can't give an accurate estimate.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

hgtonight:

Thanks I never thought of that. Ok so what you are suggesting is that I copy over my css that was edited in my core files and create a CSS theme to save the edits to? Yes I will need help. This would be really good for me to learn. Then from there out Im pretty sure I can edit the css myself using firebug. I never actually created a theme file before, but im ok with css.

• Options

FYI: I have a backup of my files I run almost every day