Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla System Bot

2»

Comments

• Options

Is the User Announce permission (Garden.User.Announce)?

• Options

The permission is Vanilla.Discussions.Announce.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options

I'm working at it. It worked in the beginning without all this code, but it's magically sealed what I called it's "Window for Work". I will report back to you guys when and / or if I get the code magically working again

• Options
    edited January 2014

My code isn't working. Is this code right?

function BotAnnounce($Bot) {
    if ($Bot->SimpleMatch('Announce')) { 
    $AnnounceNow = public function Announce($DiscussionID = '', $Target = '') {
          $Discussion = $this->DiscussionModel->GetID($DiscussionID);
          if (!$Discussion)
             throw NotFoundException('Discussion');
          $this->Permission('Vanilla.Discussions.Announce', TRUE, 'Category', $Discussion->PermissionCategoryID);

if ($this->Form->IsPostBack()) {
             // Save the property.
             $CacheKeys = array('Announcements', 'Announcements_'.GetValue('CategoryID', $Discussion));
             $this->DiscussionModel->SQL->Cache($CacheKeys);
             $this->DiscussionModel->SetProperty($DiscussionID, 'Announce', (int)$this->Form->GetFormValue('Announce', 0));

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Minion has arrived. https://github.com/vanilla/minion

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Be sure to give some props to @Tim, who is wholly responsible for creating & releasing this. I saw the email for the new repo and my eyes went wide with excitement when I realized it was public.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

@Linc said:
    Minion has arrived. https://github.com/vanilla/minion

it would be good if this thread were split at your comment. and put into a category vanilla 2.1 as well.
    to avoid waking up the pillow fort playmates, who thankfully were silent for a few months now.

thx, for sharing Tim and Lincoln, I love these phrases in minion.

"You cannot negotiate with me. I do not share your pity, remorse, or fear, @\"{User.Name}\"."

"I'm not crazy. I'm just not user friendly.",

and these constants and comments

const FORCE_LOW = 'low'; // Warning, no points
    const FORCE_MEDIUM = 'medium'; // Warning, 2 points
    const FORCE_HIGH = 'high'; // Warning, 3 points
    const FORCE_LETHAL = 'lethal'; // Ban

This plugin is worth its weight in comedy gold, just reading the code.

P.S.

"Keep walking, breeder",

"Information propagation is slow. Many voices speak at once. We do not understand how you function without consensus, @\"{User.Name}\".",

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

@peregrine said:
    to avoid waking up the pillow fort playmates, who thankfully were silent for a few months now.

Fair point. I've fixed that with a few clicks. I rather like the comment continuity so I'd like to leave it together.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Very freaking cool !!!

Thanks @Tim , this is awesome :D and funny at the same time !!!

• Options

@Linc said:
    Fair point. I've fixed that with a few clicks. I rather like the comment continuity so I'd like to leave it together.

finally @vrijvlinder has her birthday present. :) it was a long time in coming but well worth it.

I too am jumping for joy.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Let's stay on topic, please.

• Options
    edited September 2014

I am showing the joy that Minion brings !! One of the most brilliant and wanted plugins out there after the advanced editor in my opinion ... This is very generous to give us this gift... I sense this year is the givie year or there is an even bigger surprise following that.... I am very happy and looking forward to more neat gifts :D

By the way , what will happen to Minions little brother Schwaip bot ?

• Options

By the way , what will happen to Minions little brother Schwaip bot ?

they will always be brothers.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

I may convert ShwaipBot over to Minion; despite having access to Minion all this time I still haven't given it a hard look so I haven't thought much about it.