HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Bump Discussion Plugin - Need Feedback

2»

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@vrijvlinder drafts are deleted when the associated post is posted. Edits are logged through the dashboard log, I believe.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭

@peregrine Hmm, strange. I'm on 2.2.4 atm and there's no visible option for it. This is all I see:

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@Zhaan said:
    peregrine Hmm, strange. I'm on 2.2.4 atm and there's no visible option for it. This is all I see:

Is this on a comment in a thread, in a discussion on a thread, or on discussion topic page.

or it could be a 2.2.4 anomaly.

did you add permissions for the role?

In any event, I am making alot of changes to the plugin, so hang on until the next 24 hours.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭

I have permissions, yes. It's inside a thread and I'm trying to edit the discussion itself, and not a comment.

• @Zhaan said:
    I have permissions, yes. It's inside a thread and I'm trying to edit the discussion itself, and not a comment.

thx, ok I'll test it, and see what i can do on next update. so hang on until the next 24 hours.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine: Thanks a lot for this great plugin! Hope you can add some options like number of "bumps" a user can do in 24 hours. A message after bumped like "Your discussion has just been bumped! You can bump 5 more times today!".

Thanks!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@killuahxh said:
    peregrine: Thanks a lot for this great plugin! Hope you can add some options like number of "bumps" a user can do in 24 hours. A message after bumped like "Your discussion has just been bumped! You can bump 5 more times today!".

Thanks!

thanks @killuahxh, I appreciate you appreciate the plugin. Its great to get positive feedback.

I think i will wait on donations for the existing plugin. Feature creep will depend on a pledges for desired features.

A message after bumped like "Your discussion has just been bumped! You can bump 5 more times today!".

Actually number of bumps per discussion is overkill in my mind for a convenience feature, if the discussion needs additional bumps than can just add a comment. In my mind not worth the additional overhead of writing more fields to database and checks for a convenience feature.

version 2.0 is now available with more options, and some great code that @hgtonight generously provided that allows op to bump as well as to show a message in the discussion thread that the message was bumped. Thank you @hgtonight, great code and thanks for other insights.

• killuahxhkilluahxh New
    edited January 2014

@peregrine: Thanks a lot for your updated version 2.0!

If we can't set the number of "bumps" a user can do in 24 hours, would you please set the time between each "bump"? For example: A user only can bump their discussion again after 2 hours. This will limit who want their discussion always on top of category.

Thanks!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@killuahxh said:
    @peregrine: Thanks a lot for your updated version 2.0!

you're welcome.

@killuahxh said:
    If we can't set the number of "bumps" a user can do in 24 hours, would you please set the >time between each "bump"? For example: A user only can bump their discussion again after 2 >hours. This will limit who want their discussion always on top of category.
    This will limit who want their discussion always on top of category.

doesn't make sense to me, and would require extra fields in database and more checks, for a convenience plugin. for something that a user can bypass just by adding a comment with "bump" in it.

An OP can bump their own discussion ONCE and only once.

Only give trusted users the permission via Bump Discussion Manage in the permissions category.

bumping can be abused by anyone - all they have to do is add a comment with a "."

and bump it.

As I said before:

I think i will wait on donations for the existing plugin. Feature creep will depend on a pledges for desired features.

watch me bump this discussion in my next comment. Any user on your forum could do it.

for @killuahxh