Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Question RE: Vanilla js connect plugin issues

2»

Comments

• Options
    <?php function your_function() { // your code } add_action('wp_logout', 'your_function'); ?>

This is the hook I gotta add but I have no idea if this needs further editing before I add it to the file....does anyone know ?

• Options

Yes!! it worked. I hooked the wp sign out in the pluggable.php. file and bam, it executes the log out. Thanks for the advice.

• Options

Ok one last bug and I may actually have a fully functional login......
    Im getting a captcha error. The login is missing a captcha. Do I need to add this or should I kill the captcha? I fix this and I'm buying someone a beer!

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Looks like your reCAPTCHA key is invalid.

Request a new one (or get your old one) by going to http://www.google.com/recaptcha

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Im running sweet captcha plugin. Should I disable and go with recaptcha? checking recaptcha....

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Is it the captcha on the wp side?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

yes sweet captcha is installed on wp side

• Options

btw, logout hook failed, site crashed but I recovered it. Its going to take me days to get my head how to add the hook this should have been added to the plugin...

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    Is it the captcha on the wp side?

Looks like vanilla to me,

@jens1seo you don't actually want people registering on the vanilla side of things.

go to /dashboard/settings/registration and choose connect.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Ok, I didn't know that. But why is there a sign in/register button on my vanilla site if I should not have users signing in on the vanilla side? Is my button a re-direct to the homepage sign in?

• Options

@jens1seo said:
    Ok, I didn't know that. But why is there a sign in/register button on my vanilla site if I should not have users signing in on the vanilla side? Is my button a re-direct to the homepage sign in?

The signin/Registration buttons don't disappear automatically.

Is my button a re-direct to the homepage sign in?

what did it do :).

If i recall correctly there was someone in the past month or two asked a question about removing these buttons. I don't recall the discussion, otherwise i would post the link for you. but you might be able to find it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

There is also a setting for that link.

grep is your friend.

• Options

forum sign out can be replaced with your provider's sign out. e.g. by setting

$Configuration['Garden']['Authenticator']['SignOutUrl'] = 'url goes here';

then add to conf/boostrap.before.php (create the file if necessary)

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();
         function SignOutUrl($Target = '') {
            $SignOutUrl = C('Garden.Authenticator.SignOutUrl','/signout/{Session_TransientKey}?Target=%2$s');
            $SignOutUrl = FormatString($SignOutUrl,array('Session_TransientKey'=>Gdn::Session()->TransientKey()));
            $SignOutUrl = sprintf($SignOutUrl,($Target ? '&Target='.urlencode($Target) : ''));
            return $SignOutUrl;
         }

grep is your friend.

• Options

Just an update: Fixed captcha issue and found out that the js connect / wp connect plugins only work with recaptcha plugin. In other words if you use any other captcha plugin, it creates nothing but errors or a missing captcha box and users will not be able to login. Unfortunately I am still running into more login bugs :(

• Options
    jens1seojens1seo
    edited January 2014

Update: captcha problem solved! I found out that js connect/ vanilla wp-connect only works with recaptcha plugin. In other words if you have any other captcha plugin you end up with a missing captcha on your login field or you get errors. Using only the recaptcha plugin works like a charm

• Options

I am new to Vanilla and WP and NO to programming :-)

Has anybody been able to get this up and running... I have tried so far as under :

a) WP 3.9.1 in one directory, in which I installed the Vanilla Forum Plugin

b) Vanilla 2.1 forum in another directory ( same domain ) in which I have installed jsconnect.

Both plugins seem to be working ...WP side is giving me Client ID, Secret, Authenticate, Sign in and Register URls etc. which I paste on the js connect side in Vanilla.

c) BUT jsconnect is Also asking me Sign Out URL. What do I fill in there ?

d) JS Connect is also asking to tick " This is a Trusted connection " and " Make this connection your default sign in method " - what do I do here ?

e) Anyways, when I tick "d" above and do some guesswork on the Sign Out URL , I get a message like " Sorry it failed, try again after some time .. .. :-((

f) on WP side have also enabled Vanilla discussions Widget in the Right Sidebar.. nothing shows up there !

Any ideas what is going on ? All help much appreciated....