Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

BBCode input formatter does nothing

Comments

• Options
    BilgeBilge New
    edited January 2014

I don't have an "HtmlLawed" plugin. Also, all my plugins and apps were disabled when I installed the forum. I even had to enable the "Vanilla" application just to see the home page.

Here are all my plugins:

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited January 2014

Another guess is the e modifier with preg_replace is depreciated. If there is any exception during parsing, it is output it as text.

You should be able to disregard these depreciated errors.

@Bilge said:
    I don't have an "HtmlLawed" plugin. Also, all my plugins and apps were disabled when I installed the forum. I even had to enable the "Vanilla" application just to see the home page.

This not uncommon where you have caches.

grep is your friend.

• Options

HtmLawed come bundled with the core, make sure you get the core version that you are using, for the correct version of the plugin.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@x00 said:
    HtmLawed come bundled with the core, make sure you get the core version that you are using, for the correct version of the plugin.

$ ls plugins/ AllViewed cleditor Debugger embedvanilla Emotify ET Facebook Flagging GettingStarted GoogleSignIn Gravatar HtmLawed Minify OpenID SplitMerge Tagging Twitter VanillaInThisDiscussion VanillaStats

I have not touched any files beyond what has been suggested in this thread.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I've used the Auto() function in the plugin, so there is no reason for testing if it is called ;)
    I used it to find the function that is not working in your installation. But you should ignore me and concentrate on x00 advices, for he is the pro and I'm merely a monkey hitting blinking buttons.
    I will now lean back and learn...

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited January 2014

try this

see in Gdn_Format::BBCode()

} catch(Exception $Ex) {
               return self::Display($Mixed);
            }

add

decho("Exception: ". $Ex->getMessage());

before the return

grep is your friend.

• Options

@R_J said:

But you should ignore me and concentrate on x00 advices, for he is the pro and I'm merely a monkey hitting blinking buttons.

I will now lean back and learn...

Well normally it is termed the shotgun approach, though I'd rather you be a monkey pressing buttons than a monkey with a shotgun.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@x00 said:
    add

decho("Exception: ". $Ex->getMessage());

before the return

This has no effect because no exception is thrown.

The function terminates here:

$Formatter = Gdn::Factory('HtmlFormatter');
         if (is_null($Formatter)) {
            return Gdn_Format::Display($Mixed);

because $Formatter is null.

• Options

right

check the file permissions on HtmLawed, then enable it.

grep is your friend.

• Options

How can I enable it? It's not in the list.

• Options

@Bilge said:
    How can I enable it? It's not in the list.

check the permissions.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    BilgeBilge New
    edited January 2014

I added $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['HtmLawed'] = TRUE; to my config and formatting works now (BBCode, Markdown, etc.)

• Options

great.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Bilge I think this has something to do with your install environment. You mentioned you had to enable the Vanilla application. Vanilla, Conversations, and HtmLawed should all be enabled by default on a new install.

I am glad the issue got sorted out on your end. I appreciate @x00 and @R_J for helping you out.

I would still like to know why those apps/plugins weren't enabled on install though.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

from my experience with different setups the config file is saved with the with the class destructor. All other config value are in memory till the destructor is called.

Caching can sometimes interfere, if checksums aren't checked often enough.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited January 2014

Some revision hid HtmLawed from the plugins page so people wouldn't disable it. HtmLawed is supposed to auto-on during install, much like the Vanilla app. Really your setup was bugged from the get-go because the installation didn't run completely. I've never seen that happen before, and I've seen a lot of systems debugged on these forums.

• Options

I have but not on an apache zend setup.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Normally though the whole config is save or if isn't. In this case it borked at the final stage.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    BilgeBilge New
    edited January 2014

Consider it's an Apache 2.4 and PHP 5.5 setup. These are both newer than most people are using. Other than that there is nothing particularly remarkable about it.

Is there anything else that's supposed to be enabled by default that I might be missing so I may subvert any future problems here and now?

This discussion has been closed.