Onward to 2.1b3
I'd like to release beta 3 at the end of the month. The issues I'd like fixed for 2.1: https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues?milestone=4&page=1&state=open
The "Almost Done" tag indicates issues that are fixed in the 2.1 branch but not merged back into master, I believe. So, for the purposes of this discussion, they're closed.
These are the types of things I'm prioritizing for 2.1:
- Issues in core functionality (registering and posting)
- Issues in the setup / upgrade / migration process
- Issues that will be experienced by most users, repeatedly
Things I'm less interested in:
- Issues that are merely annoying or have a workaround
- Issues against architectural elements / sub-systems
- Issues that will only effect the administrator
2.1 is far enough behind master branch that we want to prioritize release over perfection. If that means some folks want to hang back on 2.0.18 a little longer until the first patch release, that's fine. We'll iterate once we achieve some momentum.
If you have a strong argument for something that needs to be in 2.1, I'd love to hear it, but code will speak far louder than words. I'll be reviewing pull requests this weekend.