Vanilla 2.6 is here
! It includes security fixes and requires PHP 7.0. We have therefore ALSO released Vanilla 2.5.2
with security patches if you are still on PHP 5.6 to give you additional time to upgrade.
- This is BETA. We don't recommend its use in production
- It will be a fast & possibly final beta. Get your testing in soon.
- Open bugs against the beta on GitHub by prefixing the title with: [2.1]
- Upgrading from the 2.0 branch involves an extra step.
TO UPGRADE FROM 2.0.X
- Copy your /conf/config.php off the server as a backup
- Backup your database
- Delete the /themes/mobile folder from your current installation
- Copy the new copy (2.1) over your old install
- Delete any .ini files in /cache
- Go to /utility/update (or to /index.php?p=/utility/update if that doesn't work)
- If that Fails, refresh the page to do it again. On larger sites it may take a while and/or require multiple passes.
- Please report any difficulty with this process here in this discussion.
TO UPGRADE FROM A 2.1 BETA (1 or 2)
Follow the steps above; you can skip step 3 (deleting the mobile folder).
DEPRECATION & COMPATIBILITY WARNINGS
- We are deprecating the cleditor plugin for 2.1 and it will be removed in future versions. A new, improved WYSIWYG editor will be release shortly.
- We are deprecating the Embed plugin for 2.1 and it will be removed in future versions. Embed is now core functionality. Please disable your plugin and reconfigure your embedded sites using the new code.
- We made some significant architecture changes from 2.0 to 2.1, especially in theme views & addon hooks. Please carefully test your existing plugins & themes before upgrading any live site.
CHANGLOG FROM BETA 2 TO BETA 3
- 2013-09-12 Sync Reactions stub style & usage, move to functions.render
- 2014-03-16 Hide Dashboard from moderators, fixes #1583
- 2013-05-17 Spam Queue: Remove alert counters in MeModule and Dash Sidemenu
- 2013-04-28 Show preferences rather than profile/edit when profile edit has been disabled.
- 2013-04-01 Add some css class information to the me box that themes can target.
- 2014-03-16 cleditor: deprecated note
- 2013-12-21 cleditor: inc version to clear cache
- 2013-12-17 cleditor: 1.4.4 to fix IE11 issue
- 2013-10-09 Make sure to set Wysiwyg format when viewing the quote page directly.
- 2013-09-05 cleditor: Added CLEditorPlugin->AddClEditor().
- 2013-09-05 cleditor: Attach the creditor to a .BodyBox rather than a specific form id.
- 2013-07-08 WYSIWYG: restore pastetext button
- 2014-03-16 ButtonBar: allow beta, duh
- 2013-10-31 Added BodyBox wrap element inside `form` to enclose `textarea` and inserted editor action buttons for cleaner fullpage functionality in Advanced Editor plugin.
- 2013-09-10 Added support for image uploads to the configuration module.
- 2013-07-10 Form->Simple categorydropdown typo bug
- 2013-07-05 Add TextBox and BodyBox to Gdn_Form->BodyBox().
- 2013-04-26 Add an id to the comment form so that js can target it.
- 2013-04-17 Add button class to the comment form links.
- 2013-11-06 Emotify: - Add emotify to the new discussion form. - Fix the position of the emotify drop down now that we use box-sizing: border-box.
- 2013-09-01 Revert "Emotify: add html decode to parsing, closes #1282"
- 2013-08-01 Conversations: Fix notification on new conversation.
- 2013-08-29 Save Garden.InputFormatter to the config so we can change the default later. Fixes issue #1679.
- 2014-03-15 IPv6 requires 39 characters
- 2013-05-20 Add compatibility functions for next-gen code style.
- 2014-03-11 Announce fix: array_merge renumbers numeric keys which reversed options on post form
- 2013-06-27 Adjust UI for cases where categories are disabled.
- 2014-02-14 Fix Request::IpAddress()
- 2013-10-17 Match request pseudo methods in a case insensitive way
- 2013-08-24 Improve IP lookup logic.
- 2013-08-24 Add additional IP address checks.
- 2013-05-11 Added the "/" option to Gdn_Request->Url() $WithDomain.
- 2013-04-17 Fix port typo.
- 2014-03-15 Drafts: filter your draft names, closes #1672
- 2014-03-15 Drafts: verify ownership in editdiscussion for #1672
- 2013-06-04 Ignore .idea
- 2013-07-09 ButtonBar: check livequery before invoking
- 2013-07-09 ButtonBar: Fix sprites - transparent
- 2013-07-04 ButtonBar needs to attach to BodyBoxes, always, period.
- 2013-06-20 ButtonBar: Conditionally wrap for PostController boxes.
- 2013-06-20 ButtonBar: Don't double-include button bar on PostController.
- 2013-06-19 ButtonBar: Allows button bar on comments and in PMs.
- 2013-06-10 ButtonBar: Check input format, only show for supported formats.
- 2013-05-24 ButtonBar: Use the AssetModel for css.
- 2013-05-06 Add localization to ButtonBar
- 2013-12-29 Remove E_DEPRECATED from Debug mode
- 2014-01-14 Fix /me actions for discussion
- 2013-12-21 Backport removal of update checker
- 2013-12-08 punbb may use a simple sha1 hash
- 2013-12-08 Add viewtopic.php to facilitate phpBB import 301s
- 2013-08-25 Fix Flagging security flaw
- 2013-11-26 Use SafeRedirect() instead of Redirect() in the discussion controller.
- 2013-11-26 Added TrustedDomains() and SafeRedirect().
- 2013-11-26 Don't allow user id override on post.
- 2013-06-13 Twitter: Change api version to 1.1.