HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is it possible to see _my_ reactions?

R_JR_J Ex-FanboyMunich Admin

I know it is possible to see the postings of a special user that someone had found insightful/awesome/etc. by looking at userprofile?reaction=insightful. But I am especially interested in seeing the posts that I have chosen to be insightful from any user in the past.

Is there something like a function GetReactionsByUserID that I can reach with reactions?reaction=insightful&user=R_J and that shows me alist of discussions and comments that I have clicked as being insightful?

P.S.: the discussion title sounds really nutty, I know...

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Good suggestion. I don't think there's a way to do that currently, no.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I had initially written that feature into Yaga when adding profile counts. Then I removed it when I realized I had it backwards.

That could be something like a bookmark feature (list the posts I promoted). I wouldn't suspect you would want to let other user's (save admins) see what content you reacted to. Thoughts?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I'm a German and so one of my first thoughts is always "Oh, that feature would be nice, but I guess I will not be allowed to use it out of privacy issues..." ;)
    But I think it is not as private as the list of discussions/comments I've written. To me it would be nice if I could choose if everybody should be allowed to see my discussions/comments or not, but if everyone is allowed to browse through all my posts, they could also be allowed to browse everything I've reacted on (and yes, I could imagine to browse through some developers insightfuls just out of curiosity and because I think I might be able to learn from that), since reactions could be seen as one-word-postings.

I would use such a feature as a "lesser form of bookmarking". That's why I thought especially of the insightful posts. Though you can also browse the lol-reactions when you are in a bad mood :D

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I went ahead and filed an issue on the Yaga project. You can find it here: https://github.com/hgtonight/Application-Yaga/issues/28

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Another thought is a scoreboard in the profile (that is updated in cron daily). That lists the top 20 reactors (people who reacted to your posts) and a reactants (the top 20 people you reacted to).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.