HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

I'm so excited!

2»

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

There's an overworked version n GitHub now: https://github.com/R-J/CategoriesModulePlus
    I assume the duplication problem will not arise any more. In the first version, I've used the formatting function Url but now I rely on the request class function Url which should be better suited for that purpose. Nevertheless I haven't tested it by now for subdirectories. I will upload it to the addon section as soon as I have finished that testing.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

I assume the duplication problem will not arise any more.

nope. if you mean this .. $this->Data['Url'] = Gdn::Request()->Url(Gdn::Request()->Path());

but the change I proposed does indeed work.

$this->Data['Url'] = Gdn::Request()->Url('', TRUE);

at least for me.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yea with peregrine change the url does not double, but in my set up I had to add

categories/all/settoggle instead of categories/settoggle

• Options

I've uploaded a new version of CategoriesModule+ where I have replaced Gdn::Request()->Url(Gdn::Request()->Path()) with a simple Gdn::Request()->PathAndQuery() which should solve the doubled subdirectory problem.

Current version also replaced "empty" target with a "/" which fixed problems with non-pretty-Urls and Categories as the homepage.

@vrijvlinder: I guess that will also fix your problem, but I'm not sure. If it does not, could you please send me a list of your plugins?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

which should solve the doubled subdirectory problem.

. hmmm. nope. assumptions, assumptions. probably worth testing in a subfolder. :)

but the change I proposed does indeed work.

$this->Data['Url'] = Gdn::Request()->Url('', TRUE);

at least for me.

you may have other ideas how to do it, but without testing in a subfolder, where the problem occurs, it isn't even worth assuming is it? (rhetorical question).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    edited May 2014

Oh, it's just my super cautious way of expressing myself. I've beamed my test installation into a subfolder, added two settings to the config.php, changed my .htaccess and tested it within a subfolder! After that, I've uploaded the new version.

Then I came back here and told you that it should work - restrained simply out of philosophical concerns... ;)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

are you implying or should I be implying: >:);)

Again, closer to the quote, there's a passage in Plato's Apology, where Socrates says that after discussing with someone he started thinking that[11]

τούτου μὲν τοῦ ἀνθρώπου ἐγὼ σοφώτερός εἰμι· κινδυνεύει μὲν γὰρ ἡμῶν οὐδέτερος οὐδὲν καλὸν κἀγαθὸν εἰδέναι, ἀλλ᾽ οὗτος μὲν οἴεταί τι εἰδέναι οὐκ εἰδώς, ἐγὼ δέ, ὥσπερ οὖν οὐκ οἶδα, οὐδὲ οἴομαι· ἔοικα γοῦν τούτου γε σμικρῷ τινι αὐτῷ τούτῳ σοφώτερος εἶναι, ὅτι ἃ μὴ οἶδα οὐδὲ οἴομαι εἰδέναι.

where the translation is roughly:

I am wiser than this man, for neither of us appears to know anything great and good; but he fancies he knows something, although he knows nothing; whereas I, as I do not know anything, so I do not fancy I do. In this trifling particular, then, I appear to be wiser than he, because I do not fancy I know what I do not know.

• Options

I do not fancy I know what I do not know.

words I live by ....

• Options